V5 vehicle details

ScreenNameF4556069F3 replied on 16/03/2023 15:48

Posted on 16/03/2023 15:48

Hi help filled in  a form v1006 to have my details from panel van with windows to Motorhome sent all photo and filled in the v1006 and ticked all the boxes first time sent back from panel van to panel van resubmitted to change to Motorhome came back panel van with windows with a note to say to make further changes to vehicle and can provide the changes to the vehicle .ask what they need no one now’s told .I was told that it would not be reclassified can anyone help

me with this thank kevin

Moved from Story Section

Tinwheeler replied on 16/03/2023 16:35

Posted on 16/03/2023 16:35

You’ll likely get more helpful response if you post in the motorhome section of the discussion forum rather than creating a story. Maybe a mod will move this for you.

Although I don’t know any details, I believe you need to provide photos of the interior of your van to prove it’s been converted to a MH. I suspect you’ll find more info on MH forums such as out and about. 

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forum/4-motorhomes/

Tinwheeler replied on 17/03/2023 11:19

Posted on 17/03/2023 11:19

There’s no need to go digging around other forums after all. A very quick internet search revealed full details of how to do it from DVLA. You need to read all the sections. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/converting-a-vehicle-into-a-motor-caravan/converting-a-vehicle-into-a-motor-caravan

The standards for declaring a vehicle to be a motorcaravan are not unlike CAMC’s rules for allowing use of such a vehicle on site.

ScreenName0491E4EB32 replied on 12/09/2023 12:21

Posted on 12/09/2023 12:21

It is wrong to not get a reply,I did it by the book ,and  was  kicked back.

Now I am going to reapply with a colour change...expensive, but that is UK 

silliness.

Malcolm

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook