2019 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 30/01/2019 12:09

Posted on 30/01/2019 12:09

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January List will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 16/01/2020 09:42

Posted on 16/01/2020 09:42

Hi All,

We often find more closures around this time of year as CL owners decide if they want to continue with the site. With it being winter the number of new sites opening is often lower as the works required to set up the site can be weather permitting. We have many sites in the process of completing their work and lots of applications still coming in. 

We are working very hard to spread the word about CL site where ever we can. 

Thanks

Maddie

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2020 11:52

Posted on 16/01/2020 11:52

Thanks for the update Maddie. Those of us who love CLs will do our best to share with other members as well, to try some out.

We had a motto at work, no doubt used by many other places as well....

”Use them, or lose them!” 👍

Merve replied on 16/01/2020 20:59

Posted on 16/01/2020 20:59

The closures of CL’s is very disturbing. Month after month we see the network shrinking. I wonder what effect people buying campers and MoHos and then ‘wild camping ‘ are having??? 20 yrs ago, they would have been caravans and on sites. I hope the CAMC can get the message out that if they don’t use these sites they will close. CAMC should be working hard through their website and magazine to encourage use of The CLs

as TTDA says and quite rightly 

USE THEM OR LOSE THEM!! 

thebells replied on 17/01/2020 19:33

Posted on 16/01/2020 09:42 by CLMaddie

Hi All,

We often find more closures around this time of year as CL owners decide if they want to continue with the site. With it being winter the number of new sites opening is often lower as the works required to set up the site can be weather permitting. We have many sites in the process of completing their work and lots of applications still coming in. 

We are working very hard to spread the word about CL site where ever we can. 

Thanks

Maddie

Posted on 17/01/2020 19:33

Bogroy Croft isn't on the potential closures list by any chance is it? I emailed them 3 days ago to enquire about booking for June. Then I texted them....then today I rang and left a message on the their answerphone but still heard nothing.

I'm now looking at commercial sites (Invernahavon, Rothiemurchus etc) as I'm after a base with good access to the Cairngorms.

A CL is always my first choice but this is the only one which suits our needs in this area😣

nelliethehooker replied on 17/01/2020 19:47

Posted on 17/01/2020 19:33 by thebells

Bogroy Croft isn't on the potential closures list by any chance is it? I emailed them 3 days ago to enquire about booking for June. Then I texted them....then today I rang and left a message on the their answerphone but still heard nothing.

I'm now looking at commercial sites (Invernahavon, Rothiemurchus etc) as I'm after a base with good access to the Cairngorms.

A CL is always my first choice but this is the only one which suits our needs in this area😣

Posted on 17/01/2020 19:47

There's a small 3 van site in the village where we stayed last year, Ar-Dachaigh. There's a review on Caravan and Motorhome  Chat that might help.

CLMaddie replied on 22/01/2020 09:22

Posted on 17/01/2020 19:33 by thebells

Posted on 22/01/2020 09:22

Hi thebells,

I'm sorry you haven't heard back from Bogroy Croft.

We are in the process of certificating our CL sites for the 2020 season. At present Bogroy Croft has not been certificated but we are hoping to have resolved this by the end of January. 

Thanks

Maddie

thebells replied on 22/01/2020 21:41

Posted on 22/01/2020 21:41

Hmmmm, a reply from them would have been polite☺

Anyway,  I've booked Invernahavon commercial site as our Cairngorm base now (their offices etc don't open until April but they did at least reply to me!).

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook