2023 Site Directory CLs missing.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/01/2023 20:23

Posted on 26/01/2023 20:23

Hi Maddie, I have just gone through the new, 2023, Site Directory, comparing to the 2021/22 edition and the current web listings and have found a few anomalies. Could you please clear up these.

Cheshire.    Malpas.      Wych Valley CP - No.87 in old SD;  in the CL web pages but not in new SD

Dorset.       Swanage.    North View Farm - new CL in Aug 22 CT;  in the CL web pages but not in new SD

Essex.       Chelmsford.  Little Barrow Hall, Cox Site - No.515 in old SD & No.518 in New SD  but not in the CL web pages.         

Little Barrow Hall, Bramley Site - No.516 in old SD; not in new SD or the web.

Suffolk.      Leiston.      The Eel's Foot - No.1427 in the new SD but not in the CL web pages.

Wiltshire.    Wilton.        Farmer Giles Farmstead - No.1580 in old SD;  in the CL web pages but not in the new SD.

Argyll & Bute. Taynault. Airds Bay CL - No.1838 in old SD;  in the CL web pages but not in the new SD.

Hope this makes sense and you are able to sort out what's what. Cheers.

nelliethehooker replied on 27/01/2023 14:56

Posted on 27/01/2023 07:09 by peedee

Only Farmer Giles and Wych Valley appear to be open?

peedee

Posted on 27/01/2023 14:56

Not so, as I have just checked!😄 Both North View Farm and Airds Bay are showing as being open on their respective CC CL web pages.

Both The Eel's Foot and LBF, Cox Site are in the new Site Directory and there has been no notification that either has closed, which was what I was querying.

CLMaddie replied on 27/01/2023 15:16

Posted on 27/01/2023 15:16

Hi Nellie

I know we are waiting for confirmation from one or two on that list to see what their plans are this year.

I will check the rest and come back to you asap.

Thanks

Maddie

peedee replied on 27/01/2023 16:53

Posted on 27/01/2023 16:53

Not so, as I have just checked!😄 Both North View Farm and Airds Bay are showing as being open on their respective CC CL web pages.

Yes your right, my mistake.

peedee

nelliethehooker replied on 27/01/2023 19:37

Posted on 27/01/2023 15:16 by CLMaddie

Hi Nellie

I know we are waiting for confirmation from one or two on that list to see what their plans are this year.

I will check the rest and come back to you asap.

Thanks

Maddie

Posted on 27/01/2023 19:37

Thanks, Maddie, and peedee too.😉

nelliethehooker replied on 31/01/2023 21:26

Posted on 31/01/2023 21:26

Still no update from Maddie on my query above, and I have found another.

Highfield, Lochmaben - No.1875 in the current Site Directory is no longer on the web site, and there is a note on the CL's website saying that they have called it a day after 38 yrs! Such a shame as it was a fine wee site.

cyberyacht replied on 01/02/2023 09:48

Posted on 01/02/2023 09:48

It appears that a visit from me to a CL is the kiss of death. This is not the first CL I've used that has closed shortly after. embarassed

I wonder how much is due to the lack of CAMC support for CL owners. The current website certainly does them no favours.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/02/2023 12:01

Posted on 01/02/2023 09:48 by cyberyacht

It appears that a visit from me to a CL is the kiss of death. This is not the first CL I've used that has closed shortly after. embarassed

I wonder how much is due to the lack of CAMC support for CL owners. The current website certainly does them no favours.

Posted on 01/02/2023 12:01

That happened to us. In 2019 we stayed at two CL's both are now no longer CL's. However I doubt whether the reasons for closures had anything to do with the Club. In one instance the venue was also a hotel/conference centre and they seemed to have moved upmarket so caravans and motorhome longer fit in their image and the other seems to have gravitated towards permanent accommodation like pods which bring in far more money that the odd pitch being booked for a few days at £15 a night.

I think the Club must have been concerned about the impact of the new website on CL's, otherwise they wouldn't now be suggesting that people use the old search facility?

David

CLMaddie replied on 17/02/2023 14:55

Posted on 17/02/2023 14:55

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have some updates for you.

1. Cheshire.    Malpas.      Wych Valley CP - No.87 in old SD;  in the CL web pages but not in new SD Still establishing what happened
  2. Dorset.       Swanage.    North View Farm - new CL in Aug 22 CT;  in the CL web pages but not in new SD  - missed the cut off date for the Sites Directory
  3. Essex.       Chelmsford.  Little Barrow Hall, Cox Site - No.515 in old SD & No.518 in New SD  but not in the CL web pages.         –  Site has closed
  4.                                           Little Barrow Hall, Bramley Site - No.516 in old SD; not in new SD or the web. Site has closed
  5. Suffolk.      Leiston.      The Eel's Foot - No.1427 in the new SD but not in the CL web pages. Site has closed
  6. Wiltshire.    Wilton.        Farmer Giles Farmstead - No.1580 in old SD;  in the CL web pages but not in the new SD. Site wanted to close then changed their mind after the sites directory cut off date.
  7. Argyll & Bute. Taynault. Airds Bay CL - No.1838 in old SD;  in the CL web pages but not in the new SD.  Site wanted to close then changed their mind after Sites Directory cut off date.
  8. Highfield, Lochmaben - No.1875 in the current Site Directory is no longer on the web site, and there is a note on the CL's website saying that they have called it a day after 38 yrs! Such a shame as it was a fine wee site.  Site has closed

Thanks

Maddie

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook