Actual price *substantially* different to advert

flumpetting replied on 26/10/2021 07:27

Posted on 26/10/2021 07:27

Cl site advertised (2021 price) at (from!) £13 per night, but actual price (1 Person, Nov, 5 nights) is £20 per night (53% increase!). (Breakwater holiday cottages and caravan park, near Louth) 

When queried with the site, £13 is per night for 28 consecutive nights from Dec to march...

How is this price difference acceptable?  Surely it beaches advertising rules on being misleading and inaccurate?

(I didn't think we were allowed under club rules to stay at a site for that length if time?)

Fiona

Takethedogalong replied on 03/02/2022 17:35

Posted on 03/02/2022 17:35

Easiest options by far are to phone or email the CL direct to get the bang up to date price for your stay. Email is best, then you have a copy of the price from the owner. The handbook, and sadly a lot of the Club website pages are not up to date in many instances. Depends on CL owners informing Club of new rates, and then Club  entering any new prices onto web pages.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/02/2022 20:28

Posted on 03/02/2022 20:28

Would agree completely, tda. Even some of the CLs' own websites don't show the current price, agreeing with neither the price shown in the Site Directory or on the appropriate page on the club's web page.

lagerorwine replied on 26/02/2022 16:05

Posted on 26/02/2022 16:05

Personally I think it should be a condition of listing that CLs update their pricing clearly and annually.

As said by others, the Club set a bad example. When I last looked, the from price on Club sites was for one person, in low season, and way off what most would pay.

Another example is the headline 'midweek discount'. Mostly in March, October and November.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook