New CL Site- Bluey’s Farm

replied on 24/03/2021 20:56

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:38 by Takethedogalong

Not to worry Nellie, apparently the pandemic is leading to a mass migration out of the big smoke. Sheffield is in the top 5 relocation choices. All of a sudden a walk in Peak District looks nicer than being in London with all its attractions. Our new neighbours, yet to move in, are coming up from Surrey. 

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:56

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 24/03/2021 21:22

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:56 by

What a strange post. We lived in Sheffield  and left 20 years ago and never felt any withdrawal symptoms.

Posted on 24/03/2021 21:22

Twenty years is a very long time AD, Sheffield is completely different nowadays, certainly the city centre. It has very good transport links as well, has the Supertram and Tram Train that links out to some of the suburbs and local towns. Areas to the west are (as you know) on edge of Peak District, Derbyshire Dales, so people looking for big houses with gardens, close to nice countryside are very keen. I think it’s folks who still like an element of city life (good theatres, varied shops, Meadowhell, transport links....) that are interested. Sell somewhere in South East, and it will get you a lot more up here. Our niece still owns her two bed, postage stamp sized garden detached in Ashford, but lives in a huge five bedroom, quarter acre detached up here. She gets more in rent for the Ashford property than what her mortgage costs her! Mind she is an estate agent, so knows her way around properties. 

lagerorwine replied on 26/03/2021 13:17

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:32 by nelliethehooker

That's rather insulting, low!! What difference should a region of the country have in determining the cost of a pitch on a club site of comparable facilities? Guess you must be one of those "saffeners" whose migrated to the glorious north but still think we're a lower/cheaper class than those down there !😁

Posted on 26/03/2021 13:17

Nellie - I was born and have lived in Yorkshire all my life as a matter of fact - my 'up north' comment was a response to 'Home Counties' pricing posted by KjellNN, and no insult was intended.

Whereas you appear to be quite happy to insult ''saffeners''

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook