Search & Filter Page for Cls Restored

CholseyGrange replied on 16/12/2022 11:50

Posted on 16/12/2022 11:50

The club has just announced that the former search page for CL's is now available again to members.

To get there, go to the 'Book a Certificated Location' on the home page menu.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/certificated-locations/

Note that this works on the Website, but may not be available on the updated app as far as I am aware.

brue replied on 16/12/2022 12:20

Posted on 16/12/2022 12:20

Thanks Ted. If only the club would make a separate and clear announcement about this development and possible glitches, this would help people who don't use the forum.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/12/2022 20:24

Posted on 16/12/2022 20:24

Maybe they were responding to this list about another CL search facility :-

The ease of use
Immediately visible which sites are available for my dates and facilities needed.
Map search is very helpful
That it is only small sites.
Can see availability and guaranteed contact with the CL.
Easy to see availability and search features.
It works!
You can select where and dates to show those with availability
Easy to use and confirmation of booking. Availability clearly displayed
Much easier to search and find CL details than on the club website.
Great information about individual sites.
Easier than using the club's website
Love being able to book CL online as they often don’t answer the phone!
See available sites and avoids ringing up cl owners
Availability, pricing information
Easy to filter what you are looking for
Knowing instant availability

cyberyacht replied on 17/12/2022 07:51

Posted on 17/12/2022 07:51

The title of the link is misleading. There is NO search and book facility on the CAMC website for CLs. It merely provides outline information about the CL and contact details. It does not provide availability details. It just shows the sloppy wording and general lack of attention to detail that epitomises CAMC.

You still have to scroll down to find the link for CLs. The prominent link to "Book a site" , even though the 'include CL' option is ticked, only directs you to CAMC sites. 

There is a CL network but CAMC are doing their level best to divert you away from it.

brue replied on 17/12/2022 09:48

Posted on 17/12/2022 09:48

There is an obscure link from CAMC about the reversion to the old CL search site, it's in amongst the FAQs on the New Booking Experience area.

Hja replied on 17/12/2022 13:04

Posted on 17/12/2022 13:04

I really do wonder about the Club’s long term plan for CLs 

I read on another forum that existing CLs can’t change to another organisation is they are within a certain distance of sssi so they can’t change from eg the CAMC to ccc or Motorhome fun because they would have to close and then apply to open with new organisation.

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 13:16

Posted on 16/12/2022 11:50 by CholseyGrange

The club has just announced that the former search page for CL's is now available again to members.

To get there, go to the 'Book a Certificated Location' on the home page menu.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/certificated-locations/

Note that this works on the Website, but may not be available on the updated app as far as I am aware.

Posted on 17/12/2022 13:16

Thanks for the info, I've tried doing a search through book a UK campsite including CLs. Got all the CLs I was looking for but none had prices on their page.

The link you provided does have prices, still work to do I see. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook