Week at Newton Grove, nr Chipping Norton

CaravanRamblings replied on 11/07/2022 19:59

Posted on 11/07/2022 19:59

We have just finished our week at Newton Grove "off-grid". First time for an extended period without EHU but what a fantastic place it is.

We've now arrived at a Club site not far away in the Cotswolds and are wondering why we are paying 6 times the price to be marked alongside row after row of white boxes...

There are some pictures and details about the site here.

https://www.caravanramblings.co.uk/?p=5038

byron replied on 26/10/2022 10:02

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:02

Not wanting to state the obvious, but

Staff wages, pension, sick pay NICS, uniforms

electricity, gas, gas checks, electrical inspections, the list goes on

EmilysDad replied on 26/10/2022 10:45

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:02 by byron

Not wanting to state the obvious, but

Staff wages, pension, sick pay NICS, uniforms

electricity, gas, gas checks, electrical inspections, the list goes on

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:45

I think it was a rhetorical question .....🙄

(as you probably knew)

Hja replied on 26/10/2022 10:51

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:29 by Cornersteady

I don't know why you're wondering, it was your choice to go there so only you can answer?

Why do you need our input into your decision making?

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:51

A little harsh I feel.

Caravanramblings had experienced offgrid for the first time for any length of time. It seems he then went to club site and has obviously compared the two. I am sure his question is more rhetorical than anything.

It is the same question I ask myself when comparing a CL with serviced pitches and a club site. Yes, I know the answer, and make my decision, as I am sure cr will be doing.

We are considering improving our van so we can spend more time off grid.

byron replied on 26/10/2022 10:53

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:53

Content has been removed.

byron replied on 26/10/2022 10:55

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:55

Comparing CLs and club sites is like comparing apples and pears mainly and just as pointless

Cornersteady replied on 26/10/2022 11:20

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:51 by Hja

A little harsh I feel.

Caravanramblings had experienced offgrid for the first time for any length of time. It seems he then went to club site and has obviously compared the two. I am sure his question is more rhetorical than anything.

It is the same question I ask myself when comparing a CL with serviced pitches and a club site. Yes, I know the answer, and make my decision, as I am sure cr will be doing.

We are considering improving our van so we can spend more time off grid.

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:20

Not at all harsh just a simple statement.

could wonder and post why anyone would want to use a grass field rather than a site with far more facilities but I don't it's their money and up to them to do as they wish. I could post about the difference in prices but again I don't as the answer is rather obvious.

So I would think CR is posting to ask if the club site price is worth it and only he/she can answer that and hence my reply, or he's posting to tell the rest of us that such sites are available, which we knew.

Everyone chooses what they like?

As to it being rhetorical I just can't see that. Someone posts on a discussion forum and expects that post/question to be rhetorical? 

replied on 26/10/2022 12:09

Posted on 11/07/2022 19:59 by CaravanRamblings

We have just finished our week at Newton Grove "off-grid". First time for an extended period without EHU but what a fantastic place it is.

We've now arrived at a Club site not far away in the Cotswolds and are wondering why we are paying 6 times the price to be marked alongside row after row of white boxes...

There are some pictures and details about the site here.

https://www.caravanramblings.co.uk/?p=5038

Posted on 26/10/2022 12:09

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook