Autoroute Tag Renewal

hitchglitch replied on 20/03/2022 12:25

Posted on 20/03/2022 12:25

Just a reminder for those who use tags for the French Autoroute, the battery has a limited life. I contacted my supplier, ATMB, through their website asking for a new tag holder for the windscreen  (“support de badge” in French) and asking whether the badge needed replacing. They sent the holder immediately and advised that the badge battery life was 5-7 years and as mine was 7 years old they recommended replacement to avoid failure en route. The email was in French and it requested that I post it “envoi suivi” which corresponds to “Tracked” in the UK. All very efficient except that it  cost nearly £9 to send it!

Worth the effort and cost to avoid an embarrassing queue at the first toll booth.

SteveL replied on 14/06/2022 11:07

Posted on 14/06/2022 08:50 by NutsyH

Why try the old one if the new one works? Just return it and get your refund.

Posted on 14/06/2022 11:07

That certainly applies to the Emovis tag we went for, because of its UK charging / contact base and payment by DD from our bank account. However, I don’t believe it applies to other providers.

allanandjean replied on 19/06/2022 07:45

Posted on 14/06/2022 11:07 by SteveL

That certainly applies to the Emovis tag we went for, because of its UK charging / contact base and payment by DD from our bank account. However, I don’t believe it applies to other providers.

Posted on 19/06/2022 07:45

We have an EMOVIS Tag and changed it about a month ago using their very efficient service.

The convenience of the Tag was brought home again when we entered Italy and had to revert to my getting out of the car to retrieve the ticket!

hitchglitch replied on 19/06/2022 19:20

Posted on 19/06/2022 19:20

Just returned from a month touring France and making extensive use of the Autoroutes. A couple of observations:

The tag worked fine except for one toll booth where it failed to operate. Had to reverse out with two lorries behind and use the adjacent gate. Worked fine. OH reckoned I was tailgating the lorry in front so it was my fault!

Met a Brit going out who insisted that you needed a low emission sticker to cross through Lyon. Cost just under 5 Euros. Actually if you transit straight through on the old A6/A7 it’s exempt.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook