Camping Riva Bella Ouistreham

Jamsdad replied on 05/06/2022 22:14

Posted on 05/06/2022 22:14

Bad news for those of us that like to roll off the evening ferry at Ouistreham and stop overnight at Camping Riva Bella. They now seem to only accept  internet bookings  in July and August for 3 nights, arrivals on Wednesday or Saturday only.

Jamsdad replied on 10/06/2022 14:08

Posted on 10/06/2022 14:08

Yes June is OK but the three night setting kicks in for July and August. 

I have just phoned CMC and they assure me they CAN book a one nighter even if the Riva Bella site wont permit that.

Wherenext replied on 10/06/2022 20:44

Posted on 10/06/2022 20:44

We've used the site at Ranville ( is it Les Cappuccines?), a little further on, when crossing out of season when Riva Bella was closed. This worked out OK as long as you let the proprietor know when you would be arriving and then you have to ring the bell at the office for her to come and let you in. 

Not as good as Riva Bella insofar as we were usually placed with the workers but as that was out of season and they have a separate more pleasant side for normal touring when in season this may be where you'll be placed.

Mind you it's a few years ago when we last stayed so best check to see if still OK as there has been a few changes to ownerships to various sites and Covid to disrupt matters.

Tammygirl replied on 14/06/2022 06:43

Posted on 14/06/2022 06:43

Have just left Riva Bella.

When asked in the office about their new policy, the girl there said she thought it was 2 nights not 3 and that it was only in the high season July and August. At any other time a 1 night stay was still OK.

The site looked very neat and tidy, the sanfacs were lovely and clean. To be honest this was the best we've seen the site in all the years we have used it.

Site was about half full maybe a bit less. I didn't hear or see anyone arrive last night and not many vans left this morning.

The migrants that have hung about outside the site seem to have gone and the area has been tidied up. 

eurortraveller replied on 14/06/2022 08:07

Posted on 14/06/2022 08:07

Thank you Tammy. Good to hear the site is in good shape. But actually two (or even three) nights there is not a bad idea at all, and certainly no hardship - you get time to see the Bayeux tapestry, a look around Caen city, lunch at Lion sur mer, a look at the other seaside resorts along the coast, and use of the smart new on site swimming pool. 

replied on 14/06/2022 08:08

Posted on 14/06/2022 08:08

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Jamsdad replied on 14/06/2022 11:39

Posted on 14/06/2022 11:39

I have now got a one night booking in July for Riva Balla via the CMC website, having first phoned CMC to ask if they can do one night .They said yes, but I am still waiting for my booking confirmation to come through!

If this works, it may be we need to book via CMC and not on the RivaBella website.

replied on 26/06/2022 17:21

Posted on 26/06/2022 17:21

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

harryb replied on 26/06/2022 19:22

Posted on 26/06/2022 19:22

The last time I used the late ferry there was a queue on the right waiting to book in at the office. At the gate, on the left of the queue was a staff member letting vans straight through. This was because they had pre booked and had a reference number which was checked by the staff and this told them they had paid. Simple!

Tammygirl replied on 26/06/2022 20:23

Posted on 14/06/2022 08:07 by eurortraveller

Thank you Tammy. Good to hear the site is in good shape. But actually two (or even three) nights there is not a bad idea at all, and certainly no hardship - you get time to see the Bayeux tapestry, a look around Caen city, lunch at Lion sur mer, a look at the other seaside resorts along the coast, and use of the smart new on site swimming pool. 

Posted on 26/06/2022 20:23

Yes we have done that in the past, very nice area to explore. 

However if you only have 2 or 3 weeks holiday and you are using the site both ways the new rule could take out 4 - 6 days of your trip not what folk want.

As Jamsdad says booking through the club might be the best option. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook