Satnav around France

greylag replied on 15/04/2024 16:55

Posted on 15/04/2024 16:55

Having contacted all of the campsites for our tour round France this May, it occurred to me that in this country I put in a Post Code and I am almost there.  What do I use in France?  Do I have to enter the whole address or a shortened version.

Sorry if I am a bit dim.

old ludlovian replied on 17/04/2024 10:54

Posted on 17/04/2024 10:54

Hi, we use Tom Tom as per Red Kite does, but also we use Waze which we use getting close to our destination, we put the campsite name in and it takes us straight to the site but it will also bring to our attention if there are roadworks, traffic jams, road accidents and notify us of a diversion and it’s a free App on your iPhone. Just try it, we think it’s brilliant, it’s reassuring if your totally lost, it will get you back on track. It’s always updated to the minute. 

greylag replied on 24/04/2024 08:00

Posted on 24/04/2024 08:00

It is all done now????

Copilot ready.

Campsites ready.

Final one night stop in Dieppe only sends me booking info in French and I'm not able to find a booking form, so might have to turn up and hope.

Fingers are crossed.

greylag replied on 24/04/2024 12:13

Posted on 24/04/2024 12:13

SteveL

Excellent info, I think that will be the thing to do, forget the  campsite and use the Aire.  I did think of parking at ferry port, but this will be better, no travel to the ferry in the morning.

Really appreciate this info.

Bob2112 replied on 01/05/2024 20:08

Posted on 01/05/2024 20:08

I have a little old lady in the left hand seat with a road map. This has worked ok for 50 years.  It can get a bit entertaining if the hearing aid batteries need replacing 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook