£62.00 for one night

kaanie replied on 09/07/2023 20:00

Posted on 09/07/2023 20:00

Hi.

Ok I made a mistake in my dates by one day. Over night stay in Winchester after France Ferry. Booked for the 7th realised 15 days before I had the wrong date should have been the 6th. Tried to contact the club 4 times without success so had to book via website due to it stating low availability. Cost me £25.00. So £62.00 for one night. I had to amend our stopover in Cherbourg guess what. No problem there, only happy to oblige. What a difference. I raised a complaint via the club web site still waiting for a reply. 

I consider this very poor customer service both for the inflexibility in amending a one day booking, Unable to contact the club and no reply from a complaint lodged on the official complaints form.

Very unhappy. 

DavidKlyne replied on 09/07/2023 20:28

Posted on 09/07/2023 20:28

I think it would be a good question to ask at the AGM. It seems the Club are not applying much common sense to last minute changes by members.  I perfectly understand that if you cancel within 21 days you will lose your deposits but when you make changes where the Club does not really lose out because you are just swapping one day for another it seems somewhat harsh to penalise members? It makes you wonder if it has been thought through properly?

David

young thomas replied on 09/07/2023 21:26

Posted on 09/07/2023 21:26

Kaanie, there are four CLs in close proximity to Winchester which might have fitted the bill had you realised how stringent the latest terms are on members who 'change their minds' yet still require the same volume of Club days...

perhaps for next time....??

you could even have stayed on the port at either Poole or Portsmouth.

as DK says, this seems one of the toughest 'updates' to the latest T/C.

good luck with your 'complaint'.

vbfg replied on 10/07/2023 08:23

Posted on 09/07/2023 20:28 by DavidKlyne

I think it would be a good question to ask at the AGM. It seems the Club are not applying much common sense to last minute changes by members.  I perfectly understand that if you cancel within 21 days you will lose your deposits but when you make changes where the Club does not really lose out because you are just swapping one day for another it seems somewhat harsh to penalise members? It makes you wonder if it has been thought through properly?

David

Posted on 10/07/2023 08:23

It doesn't make  me wonder at all, as it was very clear right from the start of the new booking "experience", that it was very badly thought out, leading to an "experience" that many of us definitely did not want, leading to not only some disgruntled members, but the occasional tetchy warden as well.

brue replied on 10/07/2023 08:54

Posted on 10/07/2023 08:54

Kaanie, you might get a response from CAMC if you put the details on their Trust Pilot page. The staff responding will hopefully help you resolve this upsetting issue although it's not good to read about such inflexibility in the first place. I hope it receives prompt attention. 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.caravanclub.co.uk?utm_medium=trustbox&utm_source=Horizontalion. 

RowenaBCAMC replied on 10/07/2023 10:27

Posted on 10/07/2023 10:27

Hi Kaanie, Can you email me your membership number and information on the situation and I will forward to the right team to get back to you. Email communitymanager@camc.com. Many thanks. 

FYI I've closed the discussion for now as hopefully we can help you off line. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook