Access to/from Baltic Wharf

DavidRC replied on 20/11/2023 11:51

Posted on 20/11/2023 11:51

We will be spending a few days at BW soon, it's about 12 months since our last visit and I understand there have been changes to the traffic flow near the site.

The web page for BW advises reading the driving directions by clicking on a map tab - I can't find a map tab, where are the directions?

I believe that you cannot leave the site by turning left but I would like to know if you can now get to the site from either direction.

I had hoped there might be some directions in an email confirming the booking but I've not received one!

Can anyone please enlighten me, thanks.

David

peedee replied on 04/01/2024 16:09

Posted on 04/01/2024 16:09

dont suppose being a blue badge holder makes any differance ?

Only if the car is registered as being used by a disabled person, i.e. it is modified to accommodate a disabled person and is exempt from vehicle excise tax (road tax) Much the same with some car parks which charge if you are a blue badge holder and not resident in the local area.

peedee

peedee replied on 04/01/2024 16:20

Posted on 20/11/2023 17:06 by eurortraveller

No. £9 per day when  driving in the clean air zone. Not £18.

Posted on 04/01/2024 16:20

It is very much higher if your registered as an HGV i.e. a motorhome over 3.5 tons. Minimum charge for my motorhome is £50 (I assume per day) In Bristol it is £100 so you can well image there is no way I will go to sites located in any LEZ.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook