Announcement WiFi on Club Sites

asklowey replied on 16/03/2023 12:38

Posted on 16/03/2023 12:38

Hi All - Just seen the announcement from the Club regarding the new BT powered WiFi on Club sites.  I can't help thinking that this is stabledoor/horse has bolted - the internet is free and ubiquitous in most places. This will provide free email access and social media posts but you will have to pay if you want streaming services (which a lot of us do now).  I have installed my own WiFi in the van from necessity when I was working and have advised a few others on how to do the same.(not the expensive Avtex solution) This works fine in most places and there are no restrictions on what you can do/stream/read etc.  Just wondered how many of you will be subscribing to the Club's solution or will you rely on your own van router etc?

SteveL replied on 15/12/2023 21:48

Posted on 15/12/2023 21:48

Have I got things covered?

I would think so as long as you don’t have any devices such as cameras, alarms  central heating controllers that you want to monitor while away. We keep an eye on home via doorbell and interior cameras, these require an active router.

jcpreston22 replied on 08/05/2024 11:39

Posted on 08/05/2024 11:39

Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to use a wifi ranhge extender like the tp-link RE605x with the BT Premium access points when parked away from an aerial?

Tx John

asklowey replied on 03/06/2024 19:35

Posted on 03/06/2024 19:35

Good luck to the Club with their Wi-Fi infrastructure. I won’t be using it, and I’m sure most people won’t have a router on board  I really am not sure who advised the club about this, but they really didn’t get it right did they?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook