Clubsite bookings 2021

rexandbellasdad replied on 29/12/2020 14:10

Posted on 29/12/2020 14:10

I'm not impressed by the fact that so many Clubsites are fully booked all summer, but only for weekends. This effectively precludes booking for any longer that 5 days middweek, which isn't long enough for a typical holiday. There needs to be a proportion of places on each Clubsite reserved for longer stays.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/12/2020 16:38

Posted on 30/12/2020 15:46 by Wherenext

What I do know is that if the Club introduce a deposit system then I will almost certainly look at the alternatives for sites in that area. At the moment I tend to just book club sites if there is no CL in the area unless I have stayed at a nearby commercial site before and like it. 

Next year I have reserved pitches on 3 club sites on a tour with CLs making up the remainder. I haven't checked alternatives for the club sites because I was happy with the price and I didn't want to commit to deposits bearing in mind how this year's touring has gone. Only 1 of the CLs wanted a small £10 deposit and I was happy to pay this as it's exactly where I want to be.

So the club will probably lose some bookings from me if there is another alternative in the area that takes my fancy.

At this moment in time I'm happy to leave the system as it is particularly since the booking year has been extended to a rollover system.

Posted on 30/12/2020 16:38

Our thoughts exactly WN. In fact, it’s what we have done for a few years now to be honest. We holiday often at very short notice, so rarely book anything pitch wise. We can’t be bothered with faffing about with deposits. I don’t baulk at paying full amount for a cottage if it’s where and what we need, so happy to reserve something that might be a one off. But there are dozens of different pitching alternatives, we never worry.

JVB66 replied on 30/12/2020 16:54

Posted on 30/12/2020 13:44 by Rufs

"but from purely an individual point of view, they do lose money from me because I will not faff about waiting for cancellations, I simply look elsewhere and some site, other than a CMC one, gets my business."

two's up on this laughing

Posted on 30/12/2020 16:54

I do not think any money is "lost" by some thinking they are being "hard done by" when not getting a pitch they want on a site they want , when sites are so full ,and getting more busy year by year 

I suspect like HMG it will be many years before any "promises" made in the past, can now be fulfilled in the timescale hoped for, 

Extugger replied on 30/12/2020 17:47

Posted on 30/12/2020 17:47

Content has been removed.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/12/2020 19:12

Posted on 30/12/2020 19:12

Actually, the Club’s booking technology (which is, let’s face it, the most important bit) is very good. It’s allows bookings over multiple sites, is quick and easy to use, easy to amend, gives a confirmation, relates information to the relevant Site, does all it needs to really.

Much easier than trying to book Seat 29, in Top Tier at Riverside Stadium on a cold evening in February anyway!😁

moulesy replied on 30/12/2020 19:39

Posted on 30/12/2020 19:39

"Much easier than trying to book Seat 29, in Top Tier at Riverside Stadium on a cold evening in February anyway!"

Competition for seats at the Riverside? Now that I find very hard to believe! wink

DavidKlyne replied on 30/12/2020 20:06

Posted on 30/12/2020 20:06

Whilst the Club has hinted at changes to the booking system for 2022 onwards there is very little flesh on the bones. What do we know, well we know they will have new software similar or the same as used for overseas site bookings. The only thing that seems to have been acknowledged thus far is the ability to be able to book a pitch surface, like a hardstanding in the same way as you can currently book a serviced pitch, a non awning/awning pitch. So it is possible that could be the extent of the changes? Clearly the software is capable of taking deposits but just because it can doesn't mean it will. 

The only people clamouring for deposits are those who feel disadvantaged because they can't book pitches when they want. No guarantee a deposit would solve that problem? What is also missing is any sense from the Club that elements of the booking system are not working. Now they could be keeping that to themselves but in the past that information has leaked out. Many will remember that late cancellations were causing a problem long before the new 72 hour system was put in place. I think most agree that what is discussed on this forum plays no major part in Club future policy but the Club have other means at their disposal to form a view like social media or direct contact. In the past senior members of the club have publicly said they don't think deposits are the answer so we will have to wait to see what changes might be proposed and whether the Club will seek a consultation rather than saying member feedback.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 30/12/2020 20:25

Posted on 30/12/2020 19:39 by moulesy

"Much easier than trying to book Seat 29, in Top Tier at Riverside Stadium on a cold evening in February anyway!"

Competition for seats at the Riverside? Now that I find very hard to believe! wink

Posted on 30/12/2020 20:25

Boro have quite a strong supporters turnout, back when they were in PL under Gareth Southgate, matches were often sold out, and the Riverside is a lovely big stadium. Been to some great games there, including the 9-1 stuffing of Sven’s Manchester City. We used to go to a lot of home games, had Pride membership at the time, which got us priority to tickets. In fact, we were last up there last January, to see Mourhino’s Tottenham in FACup. Only just got tickets for that game......😁

moulesy replied on 30/12/2020 20:34

Posted on 30/12/2020 20:34

Easier to get a seat at The Mem! (Well, not at the moment, obviously, might just get there when Brian's "Alex" come visiting! surprised)

replied on 30/12/2020 22:59

Posted on 30/12/2020 20:34 by moulesy

Easier to get a seat at The Mem! (Well, not at the moment, obviously, might just get there when Brian's "Alex" come visiting! surprised)

Posted on 30/12/2020 22:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook