NT 5 pitch site in Purbeck Dorset.

RedKite replied on 30/03/2024 17:02

Posted on 30/03/2024 17:02

The National Trust have just opened a 5 motorhome pitch site near Worth Matravers Purbeck Dorset and open all year with all hardstandings with sea views, no outfits over 6.5 metres.  More details on Dorset Echo Website.

DavidKlyne replied on 30/03/2024 17:43

Posted on 30/03/2024 17:43

Details here  There are no toilet facilities so you have to be self contained. There is drinking water and grey and black waste disposal. It is somewhat limited as it only accepts vans up to 6.5metres. Some might bulk at the price, £35 a night during the third week of April, £40 a night the week before! It does apparently allow you, as a guest, free access to some nearby NT properties which obviously makes the price more attractive.

David

SteveL replied on 30/03/2024 22:37

Posted on 30/03/2024 22:37

We are staying at another of there five van sites later in the year, as it’s in a convenient location to meet up with some friends. Again it is very expensive for what it is, but does include entry to the property. We are trust members, however there is no discount. Apparently because they are a charity this is not possible. To my mind it would be better if they charged a lower price and you paid for entry if you weren’t a member. I presume they think it more advantageous to occupancy to charge the high price and include entry and annoy the few members who might stop there.

DavidKlyne replied on 31/03/2024 00:11

Posted on 31/03/2024 00:11

Steve

I suppose it depends whether their model works? It would work for us as we are not Trust members. If I were a member I think I would be disappointed as staying there provides no advantage and also makes it more expensive. If they get a reasonable take up they no doubt will consider it a success. I don't think the NT is a particularly democratic organisation so I am not sure member pressure or suggestion would help change things?

David

peedee replied on 31/03/2024 10:35

Posted on 31/03/2024 10:35

I gave up my on NT last year after over 30 years membership. This was brought on by policies like this and others but the real nail in the coffin was no one answered the phone when I tried to speak to someone about my membership. This was after several attemps and because we used the membership so little we decided we would pay entry/parking charges as required.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook