Refund policy

Norfolk Hawker replied on 26/07/2023 13:49

Posted on 26/07/2023 13:49

We had to cancel 2 site bookings because of health reasons and were told the refund would be within a few days. Rang up after two weeks to be told the policy is up to 14 working days!

I could have commented that the club will always take my payments immediately when I book but it’s not the person at the call centres fault…

Would not have been annoyed if I’d been told originally the correct timeframe.

Rather sad that I’ve experienced quicker refunds from big commercial organisations.

gradot replied on 03/08/2023 14:51

Posted on 03/08/2023 14:51

I have just received a answer from the club I was refunded on 6th June But it was put on my January bank statement as that’s when I made the booking.So unless you know exactly how much you have I your account you could miss it seems a funny way to me.

eribaMotters replied on 19/04/2024 20:06

Posted on 19/04/2024 20:06

Things are still not working, and to be blunt, the club refund system and notifications is a joke and not fit for purpose.

Unusually for me I had booked a club site. With one month to go I had to cancel it so notified the club immediately. So far so good as I was told it can take ten days for a refund. We do not wait for monthly statements as my lovely other half does our internet banking stuff so can track transfers in real time. I understand how things do not always line up with bank/credit refunds and take longer than expected, so I waited 15 days. I e-mailed and got the reply we will get back to you within 10 days.

Fortunately I can cope with the finances not being in place, but why does it take more than 10 days for a return of funds and why would I be expected to wait up to 10 days for somebody to explain what is going on.

Do the club honestly think that this is an acceptable way to run a business. I do not recall such a poor response from the CL's, independents and continental sites I've dealt with.

Colin

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook