Seacroft Club site

Francis replied on 09/01/2024 20:57

Posted on 09/01/2024 20:57

Hi all

We are looking at possibly going to the above site. This is one of the only areas in the UK we have never been to so would like some advice about the area. Also how easy is it to get to the site we will be coming from the north so would go down the A1 what are the roads like for towing between the A1 and the site as we have quite a large outfit so tend to pick site near the main roads. Also is the site a good base for doing some cycling 

Thanks in advance 

DavidKlyne replied on 10/01/2024 11:52

Posted on 10/01/2024 11:52

Just one thing about the approach to the site. The Club recommends that you leave the A148 and take the A1082 down into Sheringham. If you are using a sat nav make sure its using this route as mine seems to want to take me down Britons Lane which is a lot narrower! The only slight issue with the Club route is the railways bridge at West Runton where the road dog legs over the railway. Its used by buses but probably best to exercise some care as you approach. I am always surprised that they have never installed traffic lights there? In our motorhome we tend to continue on the A148 into Cromer and do a left just past the railway station into Beach Road and then a left on the coast road but it might be a bit tight with a large caravan in tow?

David

SteveL replied on 10/01/2024 12:21

Posted on 10/01/2024 10:11 by Tinwheeler

Don’t forget a trip to the Broads too. That’s the bit I like best and have stayed several times at the club’s Broads site. We’ve never stayed at Seacroft but hated Incleboro. As people are saying the north Norfolk coast is well worth a visit - Blakeney and Wells, in particular.

Posted on 10/01/2024 12:21

We found Incleboro fields location and proximity to public transport  OK. However, didn’t particularly like running the gauntlet of getting the MH hit by a golf ball on arrival and leaving. It was also very difficult to level the MH, even with large ramps. Would probably be better with a caravan in that respect. There are a few service pitches but these are not well located. Much preferred Seacroft, easy to take the van out for the day without having to mess about with ramps.
We really liked the Broads site, however public transport was a bit limited and at the time of year we visited the walking was a bit boring. The reeds and grasses were so high, many of the walks were like walking between two walls. 

Francis replied on 10/01/2024 13:30

Posted on 10/01/2024 13:30

Thanks to all those who have replied this has been very helpful and great to know there are lots of things to do. We are thinking of heading here in the summer always wanted to go but never managed it. Thanks also for the advice regarding the route in sounds like we would be fine 

Takethedogalong replied on 10/01/2024 14:41

Posted on 10/01/2024 14:41

There are some truly beautiful villages dotted around Francis, away from the bustle of Cromer, Wells and Sheringham, which are all nice. Very distinctive buildings, and there are some spectacular very old manor houses, sadly private, but interesting none the less. Walking is lovely. Hope you have a great time.

mbee1 replied on 11/01/2024 10:08

Posted on 11/01/2024 10:08

My wife likes Seacroft and I like Incleboro Fields and we both love the area.  We've been there for the last 6 or 7 summers using one site or the other.  Seacroft can be quite noisy as it's next to the main road and, as David said, the service pitches are by far the better ones.

Incleboro Fields is a much larger site but much quieter particularly if you stay on the reception side or on one of the terraces.  The far side isn't as nice and can be noisy if you're near the play area but there is far more grass and lots of walks directly from the site.  The station is also only a few minutes walk for the train in one direction to Sheringham and the other to Cromer and Norwich or get off at Wroxham for a day on the Broads. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook