Site Safety

ADP1963 replied on 13/05/2021 09:28

Posted on 13/05/2021 09:28

Apparently a child was  injured which resulted in a fatality at a caravan/ camp site near Helston, Cornwall yesterday.. I have no further information on this sad incident, but let it be a reminder to all of us of the potential dangers to other's whilst on sites.

ADP1963 replied on 13/05/2021 10:25

Posted on 13/05/2021 10:25

Steve L has provided an update..........thank you Steve, I had heard she was hit by a car, but had not seen it confirmed so therefore did not want to add the cause . Once again it doesn't matter whose fault it was ,it is a child that has lost their little life, we all have to be more vigilant.

ADP1963 replied on 13/05/2021 20:39

Posted on 13/05/2021 20:39

Apparently a car towing a caravan was involved and the child was only 20 months old. Whatever the child's family and the driver of the vehicle are going through now must be hell.

JollyKernow replied on 13/05/2021 21:02

Posted on 13/05/2021 21:02

Evening

It doesn't really matter about the details of this horrible incident. The fact is we should all be aware at all times while on site, especially when driving. Most sites be they club or otherwise share the same roads with pedestrians, cyclists and traffic. The club operates a 5mph system, ok that's abused quite often, but the system is in place for everyone's safety. Kids don't need to have road sense, they're on their holidays, whereas drivers, cyclists etc do. Be aware folks, think of others.

JK

EmilysDad replied on 13/05/2021 21:43

Posted on 13/05/2021 21:02 by JollyKernow

Evening

It doesn't really matter about the details of this horrible incident. The fact is we should all be aware at all times while on site, especially when driving. Most sites be they club or otherwise share the same roads with pedestrians, cyclists and traffic. The club operates a 5mph system, ok that's abused quite often, but the system is in place for everyone's safety. Kids don't need to have road sense, they're on their holidays, whereas drivers, cyclists etc do. Be aware folks, think of others.

JK

Posted on 13/05/2021 21:43

... Kids don't need to have road sense, they're on their holidays, whereas drivers, cyclists etc do.

I'm glad you've said that. There have been far far too many posts here in the past re kids on push bikes 'breaking speed limits' & 'going against one way systems'

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 14/05/2021 12:26

Posted on 13/05/2021 21:43 by EmilysDad

... Kids don't need to have road sense, they're on their holidays, whereas drivers, cyclists etc do.

I'm glad you've said that. There have been far far too many posts here in the past re kids on push bikes 'breaking speed limits' & 'going against one way systems'

Posted on 14/05/2021 12:26

+1, I wonder if some folk were ever children or have Ever known children. One of the joys of childhood is going hell for leather whilst simultaneously letting their daft out-it’s a joy to see👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

JVB66 replied on 14/05/2021 16:54

Posted on 13/05/2021 21:43 by EmilysDad

Posted on 14/05/2021 16:54

Until parents and other on site cyclists set an example by not going against the one way system, what chance is there of children not doing the sameundecided

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook