Is it time for change?

wedgy replied on 11/08/2022 16:51

Posted on 11/08/2022 16:51

Moderator Comment: Partly removed to avoid political comments

Is it time for our "Club" to implement a significant reduction in fee's to create a breakeven  Budget Sheet for this and the next financial year. This isn't the time to add to the coffers and any approved and budgeted projects could still continue. If the reduction was significant then more members could utilise sites and see a benefit to their lifestyle and well-being. We all played our part in renewing membership during the pandemic and now is pay back time ?

JVB66 replied on 12/08/2022 10:19

Posted on 12/08/2022 09:19 by DavidKlyne

The impression given is that people remained members just out of loyalty to the Club. That may have been true of some but many have tie-ins with the Club that require you to be a member like breakdown and recovery plus other insurances. As to Club prices I tend to agree with what Peedee said that market forces will play their part. The Club have to cover their costs and in current circumstances that will be exceptionally difficult. We know from history that in some years the Club's site network has lost money and it has only be the sale of other services like insurance and ferry bookings that have stopped the Club making an overall loss. We are entering very uncertain times and it is difficult to second guess how the next year will pan out. It seems everyday we are getting higher and higher energy cost forecasts and depending on what support is given there could well be members who currently manage their site bookings comfortably who will be having second thoughts on whether they can afford to continue. So there are pressure on all fronts for both Club and Club members which might not be resolved just by reducing site prices. The problem could be much more profound than that?

David

Posted on 12/08/2022 10:19

I agree with what you say and I think this year will be the last year we will use CC sites as often  as the CCC is getting to be far more member orientated even with mid week discounts in this site   the CCC site we used with our age reduction was cheaper and the disabled facilities more user friendly 

With the deposit system being implemented the USP of this club will have gone   it may ?stop what some perceived as block bookings  but with age comes for many health problems  that could well need short notice cancellation  and it has not yet been explained to the members how it will be addressed , speaking to a CCC manager it with them is very easy to sort out   and at this time cheaper

eurortraveller replied on 12/08/2022 10:42

Posted on 12/08/2022 10:42

Yes there has been a profound shift.

Now that older people are stressed and stretched by the rising costs of home heating by gas and electricity, and by escalating food costs, and  by high diesel and petrol prices, and by the prospect of ever increasing inflation …they aren’t going to take much notice if site prices are reduced - they will simply give up this very expensive hobby. And younger people won’t take it up. 

replied on 12/08/2022 10:48

Posted on 12/08/2022 10:48

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 12/08/2022 10:51

Posted on 12/08/2022 10:42 by eurortraveller

Yes there has been a profound shift.

Now that older people are stressed and stretched by the rising costs of home heating by gas and electricity, and by escalating food costs, and  by high diesel and petrol prices, and by the prospect of ever increasing inflation …they aren’t going to take much notice if site prices are reduced - they will simply give up this very expensive hobby. And younger people won’t take it up. 

Posted on 12/08/2022 10:51

With the "dash for cash" that this club has it seems been actively doing these last couple of years the could well have "shot themselves in the foot"now we are in this world wide problem of price increasesundecided

wedgy replied on 12/08/2022 11:21

Posted on 12/08/2022 11:21

There was absolutely no inference of a political statement in my subject title.

Parliament is not on holiday as was suggested, it is in Recess - not the same.

I am pleased to see this thread has attracted various opinions and hopefully will be seen by the policy makers in G.T. 🤔

Graydjames replied on 12/08/2022 15:05

Posted on 11/08/2022 23:10 by obbernockle

A very political thread opening. What Armageddon is this, then?  The party governing has been elected, so leave democracy alone, please. Factually incorrect anyway and parliament on holiday so nothing likely to be happening. A complete and utter nonsensical and childish thread opening.

Posted on 12/08/2022 15:05

Oh wow, hit a nerve there! 

wedgy replied on 12/08/2022 15:48

Posted on 12/08/2022 15:05 by Graydjames

Oh wow, hit a nerve there! 

Posted on 12/08/2022 15:48

FYI "the first bit" contained two statements of fact with no intended political bias. No problem with the edit as my original points are still there for discussion. 

replied on 12/08/2022 16:10

Posted on 12/08/2022 15:48 by wedgy

FYI "the first bit" contained two statements of fact with no intended political bias. No problem with the edit as my original points are still there for discussion. 

Posted on 12/08/2022 16:10

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Graydjames replied on 13/08/2022 14:41

Posted on 12/08/2022 15:48 by wedgy

Posted on 13/08/2022 14:41

Why are you responding to me? Did you intend that this was a response to Tinwheeler?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook