uttoxeter club site

cally63 replied on 05/09/2023 15:42

Posted on 05/09/2023 15:42

what is up with Uttoxeter caravan club site still shut !!!!!!!!!!

Bakers2 replied on 07/09/2023 17:00

Posted on 07/09/2023 15:41 by Hja

We visited here when there was horse racing on. We are not race goers, or even that interested in horse racing, but we thought we would do it for interest.  It was interesting, seeing all the organisation etc. Done that now!  Uttoxeter itself is quite interesting - interesting museum.

Posted on 07/09/2023 17:00

We were at the Great Yarmouth site when there was a race day.

Like you no interest in horses or horse racing but as we were on site we joined in. As you say interesting to watch set up, logistics etc. Even had a flutter or 2. Chosen on the jockey colours 🤣🤣. Only lost on 2 races!

It's a shame that folks enjoyment, racing on or off?, camping etc is spoiled by a few 😢

JollyKernow replied on 07/09/2023 20:26

Posted on 07/09/2023 20:26

Evening

As we're on a bit of thread driftwink Going to a horse racing event was never on my radar but having an assignment at Exeter Racecourse was a real eye opener and it was one of my best seasons with the club. Standing by the big 40 foot tv outside the toilet block which is just by the finish line was fantastic with a lively atmosphere. There's so much preparation involved that sometimes takes weeks. Exeter has jump racing which means a winter season (the invite to their end of season bash in May was fantastic as far as I can rememberyell). Hats off to the groundstaff who work tirelessly throughout. At times when race meets are only a week apart, what resembles a ploughed field after one meet will look like a bowling green in days. I learned a lot about grass repairs there.

JK

nelliethehooker replied on 17/11/2023 20:38

Posted on 17/11/2023 20:38

I see that the booking web site is still showing the site closed for this year and all pitches full for from the middle of March 2024, which would indicate the reason for its closure this year still exist. However I see, in the C&CC's current Out and About leaflet, that Derbyshire DA is holding its Christmas Rally there! 🤔

nelliethehooker replied on 06/12/2023 21:20

Posted on 06/12/2023 21:20

Why has this post now appeared as the latest posted on in this section? I guess it is just another example of the general malaise with which this forum is now beset!

mickysf replied on 06/12/2023 21:31

Posted on 06/12/2023 21:20 by nelliethehooker

Why has this post now appeared as the latest posted on in this section? I guess it is just another example of the general malaise with which this forum is now beset!

Posted on 06/12/2023 21:31

So many posts strangely resurrected in this way, a mystery.
Brought back memories though of other Race Course sites now lost to us. We loved Market Rasen, the only one of the club sites bordering North Lincolnshire & South Humberside now long gone. Will we ever see a C&MC site again in this lovely area of the UK?

Takethedogalong replied on 06/12/2023 22:04

Posted on 06/12/2023 21:31 by mickysf

So many posts strangely resurrected in this way, a mystery.
Brought back memories though of other Race Course sites now lost to us. We loved Market Rasen, the only one of the club sites bordering North Lincolnshire & South Humberside now long gone. Will we ever see a C&MC site again in this lovely area of the UK?

Posted on 06/12/2023 22:04

Market Rasen Campsite hasn’t gone anywhere Micky, it’s now run by The Jockey Club, like a few other racecourse campsites…….

https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/marketrasen/visitor-info/caravan-park/

mickysf replied on 07/12/2023 09:07

Posted on 06/12/2023 22:04 by Takethedogalong

Market Rasen Campsite hasn’t gone anywhere Micky, it’s now run by The Jockey Club, like a few other racecourse campsites…….

https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/marketrasen/visitor-info/caravan-park/

Posted on 07/12/2023 09:07

I realise that but my point is/was that it’s now gone, lost to the network. Similarly, who remembers Ladycross, still a site but no longer CaMC. Sadly, there are others.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/gone-but-not-forgotten/

Good heavens, the search worked!😳 Oh, the memory too!🤣

Takethedogalong replied on 07/12/2023 11:57

Posted on 07/12/2023 11:57

Yes, ladycross is still there. Some places opt out of the network because they can do it better themselves, others are decisions that the Club cannot help. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook