Jethro { Geoff Rowe } R.I.P.

ABM replied on 18/12/2021 18:25

Posted on 18/12/2021 18:25

One of Cornwall's  many Stand-up Comedians will now be teasing the Angels , alas

Thank you for a fair few belly laughs Jethro ~~ Rest in Peace now

allanandjean replied on 19/12/2021 08:13

Posted on 19/12/2021 08:13

First saw Jethro in the 70s at the Rainbow Rooms St Blazey. He came on stage and said he wanted to open with an impression of an Eskimo having a pee………..and scattered a handful of ice cubes on stage.

I heard him tell in full “Train don’t stop” on Radio Cornwall many years ago after someone bid for it on Children In Need day but his simple one liners were often as funny as his longer stories.

Two favourites being:

”Are you a local? I am when I’m ere”

”Is your car automatic? Yes, but I’ve got to be there”

RedKite replied on 19/12/2021 09:15

Posted on 19/12/2021 09:15

He will be sadly missed got one of his dvd's at home, whilst looking for something to watch this morning turned onto an old Rick Stein's xmas do and who was sat next him was Jethro and cracking a few one liner's.

SeasideBill replied on 19/12/2021 09:52

Posted on 19/12/2021 09:52

Yes RIP Jethro. Nice tribute from Dawn French which summed him up…

Oh. Bugger.
This gloriously un-pc Cornishman, Jethro,(Geoffrey Rowe) has left us. Some of my most helpless with laughter moments were in his presence. A supremely gifted comedian.
Thoughts with all he loved.
Geddon bey”

A guy walks into a chip shop with a cod under his arm. “Here, do you sell Fish Cakes?”, chip shop guy says “sorry No”. “Shame that, it was his birthday today”.

ABM replied on 26/12/2021 22:14

Posted on 18/12/2021 18:43 by Tinwheeler

Yes, sadly, on Tuesday and covid related despite him having had all 3 jabs.

"The train don’t stop Camborne Wednesdays"

Posted on 26/12/2021 22:14

Just played that on face-ache once more to give me a good bedtime send-off TW, well worth wearing the fingers out !!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook