Notice of passing of a past Member

DianneT replied on 13/03/2024 00:50

Posted on 13/03/2024 00:50

It is with great sadness that I have to write this post about Tigerfish who was a member of this Forum for a few years and some older members will remember him.

Brian Allinson 1945-2024. Tigerfish Forum Name.

It is with great sadness that our family have to share with you that our beloved husband, dad, grandad and brother passed away this afternoon, 4th March, surrounded by love and family.

Due to his long career and many years of work in the community, Brian was well known and loved by a lot of people, 

Bakers2 replied on 13/03/2024 12:34

Posted on 13/03/2024 12:34

Thank you for posting this sad news. It's always nice to know about posters even on ocassions as sad as this.

I recall Tigerfish posting. May he rest in peace and all good wishes to his family and friends.

moulesy replied on 13/03/2024 16:23

Posted on 13/03/2024 16:23

That's sad news. We met Brian & Anne on a number of occasions and they were regulars at our Arthritis Research quiz nights. We've lost touch since the pandemic which put an end to those evenings. He was quite a character - will be thinking of all his family.

JillwithaJay replied on 15/03/2024 19:26

Posted on 15/03/2024 19:26

Thanks for the notice Dianne.  Very sorry to read this although I had read that he was unwell.  We also shared a similar background and I was happy to be able to respond to Brian's desire to obtain a miner's yardstick from the days of the miners' strikes.  RIP Brian.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook