Rodney Bewes

Bakers2 replied on 22/11/2017 09:24

Posted on 22/11/2017 08:48 by triky auto

David Cassidy   67.  (Partridge Family)  R.i.P .

Posted on 22/11/2017 09:24

My first heart throb 😢. 

Rather liked Rodney Bowes too but not as a heart throb I knew he was too old for me 😉

May the both Rest in Peace 

moulesy replied on 24/11/2017 17:02

Posted on 24/11/2017 17:02

There are some episodes of sitcoms which lodge in your memory forever. Remember the Lads spending all day trying not to be told the result of a football match? Sitting down to watch it only to found it had been cancelled because of bad weather! Great fun.

Rodney Bowes RIP.

Cornersteady replied on 25/11/2017 15:16

Posted on 25/11/2017 15:16

I think Whatever happened to the likely Lads is probably in my top 5 all time TV shows and even (depending on my mood) the number one.

I suppose because it takes me back to a time I knew well and although only a teenager at the time I recognised all or part of the characters in the show in either my brothers and their friends and girlfriends. My middle brother is certainly like Bob, (he moved to a posh end of Derby and drove a Viva and would always be polishing it with his handkerchief just like Bob - It's OK we've all told him)

Even the theme tune is very moving and instantly takes me back to either watching the show with my parents or remembering the furniture of the time as shown in the show .

My wife saw him at the Durham Gala theatre with his one man show. She said it was very good

RIP Rodney Bewes, you made a lot of people very happy. 

SELL replied on 27/11/2017 23:27

Posted on 27/11/2017 23:27

Just a shame the he had a fallout with James Bolam 40 years ago and never made it up before he passed away.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook