Bus pass time!

robsail replied on 26/08/2016 21:47

Posted on 26/08/2016 21:47

Well that's it I have reached the age that I can apply for my bus pass! Does it hurt when things start dropping off me? Do I qualify as a grumpy old man or is there a form to be filled in?

Metheven replied on 10/09/2016 21:55

Posted on 10/09/2016 21:55

Recently got mine and use my bus pass quite a lot, travel into Hull from my village for a bit of a wander and some shopping, saves the hassle of driving into the city and parking the car.

Waiting for my fuel allowance soon, pays for my gas bottles for the caravan Happy

Fysherman replied on 11/09/2016 17:22

Posted on 11/09/2016 17:22

I am considering councilling. It's traumatised me having to wait all that time 

volvoman9 replied on 11/09/2016 17:56

Posted on 11/09/2016 17:56

When i was 60 i could not apply for my bus pass until i was just two weeks short of being 61 for some odd reason but that was five years ago.

v9

SteveL replied on 14/10/2016 08:39

Posted on 14/10/2016 08:39

Recently got mine and use my bus pass quite a lot, travel into Hull from my village for a bit of a wander and some shopping, saves the hassle of driving into the city and parking the car.

Waiting for my fuel allowance soon, pays for my gas bottles for the caravan Happy

Now that's a strange one. As other half qualifies for her pension the FA is paid automatically. I don't get my state pension until 65 but was eligible for FA from 62.5 when I qualified for my bus pass. As it is not automatic without a pension you have to phone. However they said if they paid it I would get £100 and OH's would reduce to £100, as it is per household. So I told them not to bother, save the paperwork. When I reach state pension age it will automatically change to £100 each.

Metheven replied on 14/10/2016 09:44

Posted on 14/10/2016 09:44

Now that's a strange one. As other half qualifies for her pension the FA is paid automatically. I don't get my state pension until 65 but was eligible for FA from 62.5 when I qualified for my bus pass. As it is not automatic without a pension you have to phone. However they said if they paid it I would get £100 and OH's would reduce to £100, as it is per household. So I told them not to bother, save the paperwork. When I reach state pension age it will automatically change to £100 each.

It is a bit odd, I pay all the bills but my wife gets half the fuel allowance ........... and she won't give it back Sad

robsail replied on 14/10/2016 19:51

Posted on 14/10/2016 19:51

It is a bit odd, I pay all the bills but my wife gets half the fuel allowance ........... and she won't give it back Sad

Write your comments here...the marriage vow says richer or poorer she's richer you're poorer!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook