RIP Rick Parfitt

Rubytuesday replied on 24/12/2016 16:35

Posted on 24/12/2016 16:35

Status quo only announced a couple of weeks ago that Rick would no longer be touring with them and introduced there new guitarist, apparently Rick decided to listen to doctors orders and take it easy ,

such sad news I don't think anyone our age that didn't like them , especially to get a party going.  Even the younger ages loved them at Glastonbury

R I P Rick , you left brilliant music and memories for us all 

IanH replied on 25/12/2016 17:50

Posted on 25/12/2016 17:50

Yes, very sad at that age.

He died from 'complications' following a shoulder injury. Sounds rather odd, but he did live the rock'n' roll lifestyle to the full.

He announced last June that he was quitting, after having his third heart attack while performing in Tukey. He said it was time to pack up, before he dropped dead on stage in front of his fans.

Tight jeans and long hair.......the epitome of the rock star.

JollyKernow replied on 25/12/2016 18:19

Posted on 25/12/2016 18:19

Met Rick in Spain a couple of years ago, he'd lived there a number of years and was a real character in the local bar. To meet a hero from my youth was something else but he was a down to earth party animal and so very entertaining. RIP Rick, rock on.

moulesy replied on 27/12/2016 10:52

Posted on 27/12/2016 10:52

Very sad news, particularly at this time of year. I was never a great fan of the Quo, but they put on a tremendous show at the "Tunes in the Dunes" festival just a couple of years ago.

Rick Parfitt RIP

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook