moulesy replied on 22/01/2020 20:52

Posted on 22/01/2020 20:52

Has anyone else seen this film yet? We went to see it this afternoon and it really does live up to its billing! 

I'm not a huge fan of war films - I find they often end up trying to cover too much at too shallow a level. But this one tells a simple story - but tells it brilliantly. The storyline, acting and cinematography are all excellent and the musical score adds to the drama. Excellent direction by Sam Mendes  too?

It'll take something very special to beat this to the Oscar. smile

moulesy replied on 22/01/2020 21:08

Posted on 22/01/2020 21:08

I think that just adds to the brilliance of the film, Freddy. It means that your attention never wavers. Mrs M went with me and she is good at. ...er..... watching films with her eyes closed at the cinema. wink

But this one kept her gripped. Do go - you won't regret it! smile

Freddy55 replied on 22/01/2020 21:21

Posted on 22/01/2020 21:08 by moulesy

I think that just adds to the brilliance of the film, Freddy. It means that your attention never wavers. Mrs M went with me and she is good at. ...er..... watching films with her eyes closed at the cinema. wink

But this one kept her gripped. Do go - you won't regret it! smile

Posted on 22/01/2020 21:21

I do realise that it’s a somewhat novel and unique way of portraying events. I do like war films, if they have something to portray, like ‘Saving Private Ryan’ or ‘Warhorse’, for instance. Anyway, it’s been a while since our last visit to the cinema (Bohemian Rhapsody, which we thoroughly enjoyed), so I’ll make the effort to get to see it 👍

Whittakerr replied on 23/01/2020 07:01

Posted on 23/01/2020 07:01

I enjoyed the film. The story is like a first world war Saving Private Ryan and its not the strongest of storylines but that dosent detract from the film.Without the unique cinematography it would be a good to average film in my opinion.

MrRoute replied on 23/01/2020 17:16

Posted on 23/01/2020 17:16

went to see this Tuesday our local cinema has B  &  W 7.1 surround sound, coupled with the phanomable filming this has to be one of the best true stories I have watched. Had us glued from start to finish 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook