A Christmas Carol

brue replied on 19/12/2018 19:26

Posted on 19/12/2018 19:26

I watched Simon Callow reading A Christmas Carol on the BBC the other day. I thought it was very good. We had to enact this tale at school nearly every year and it's ingrained on my brain but I still love the story. Did anyone else see it? The fact that Simon Callow does two performances a day reading the story is quite a feat but it's done so well. smile

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/01/2019 14:41

Posted on 01/01/2019 14:16 by ABM

ACTRESS,  CS  ??  what  do  you  mean  ACTRESS  ??  Are  you  telling  us  its  not  real  surprised.  Get  back  to  the  Labour  Exchange  you  part timer  or  you'll  feel  the  benefit  of  this  tawse  I'm  'olding  yell!!

Posted on 01/01/2019 14:41

I’m with you Muscles, you have the benefit of actually being there whilst Chas Dickens wrote the books. MrC knows nowt, He’s a mere child compared to your longevity👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻😊

ABM replied on 01/01/2019 14:54

Posted on 01/01/2019 14:54

I  used  to  do  occasional  Snap  Inspections  of  'Change,  Rocky  to  ensure  the  cleaning  harridans  replaced  the  fouled  straw  with  fresh  bales  at  least  once  every  month.  If  they  were  not  carefully  supervised  they'd  filch  'em  and  trade  them  for  Mother's  Ruin  at  a  moments  notice.  Mess'rs  Scrooge  &  Marley,  et al,  did  like  fresh  straw  to  help  keep  their  feet  warm  and  stop  any  dropped  coin  from  rolling  away.  STANDARDS  MUST  BE  UPHELD !!yell

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/01/2019 19:49

Posted on 01/01/2019 19:49

I tried to get your work over the centuries recognised Muscles but King James 1st accused you of aiding Guido Fawkes by supplying the gunpowder. My entreaties were rejected☹️. I’ll never give up until I get you recognised👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

ABM replied on 01/01/2019 20:41

Posted on 01/01/2019 20:41

NO,  No,  No  you  must  be  off  yours,  Rockers  --  I  only  supplied  Guido  the  Lad  with  guM  powder  -  he  suffered  with  semi perpetual  boils  in  that  area!!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook