DI Ray

JillwithaJay replied on 07/05/2022 10:04

Posted on 07/05/2022 10:04

I also watched it and found the storylines quite pathetic really.  The casting of the female DCI was unbelievably predictable but I can see it had to be the usual obligatory typecasting of a female senior officer which is the norm these days.  In any other similar programme her casting and that of D I Ray would have been reversed.  

ADP1963 replied on 07/05/2022 14:29

Posted on 07/05/2022 14:29

Once again Jill I have to say I agree with you, however I would have used stronger words as     Rubbish. 

vbfg replied on 07/05/2022 14:59

Posted on 07/05/2022 14:59

Hi David

I have not watched any of the more modern TV cop shows in a similar vein for a long time but 3 shows I would recommend are Inspector Montelbano, Jesse stone and Longmire. if you are able to view them on your TV system.  All 3 are very quirky, very original and definitely NOT predictable.They are availalbe on DVD but I am not too sure if they are all compatable with the UK, DVD system.

DavidKlyne replied on 07/05/2022 18:15

Posted on 07/05/2022 18:15

vbfg

I am a great fan of Inspector Montalbano and I have probably seen nearly all the episodes., and many other foreign language series. Thank goodness for BBC 4? BTW if you go to YouTube there are lots of interviews with the cast of Inspector Montalbano.

Clearly my view of DI Ray is different to others. I thought it had a good story line, almost shades of Line of Duty in places. I thought it portrayed the difficulties of non white police officers well and the difficulties of dealing with people from a non white community where prejudice from senior officers could lead to a miscarriage of justice. It entertained me when I am finding it increasing difficult to finding anything on TV remotely interesting. 

David

Extugger replied on 08/05/2022 06:08

Posted on 08/05/2022 06:08

David

I agree with your comments and we too enjoyed the series. It was well written, well produced and as you say, underlined the blatant (and at times extremely subtle) rasicsm which exsists in our society. Perhaps it was meant as a nudge or a wink from the West Mercia force to their not-so illustrious colleagues in Metropolitan London? Whatever, a lot of what went on will have been missed by many. Meanwhile, the racism and prejudice continues. Think I read a second series has been muted.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook