Favourite inspiration for travel

RowenaBCAMC replied on 27/01/2021 09:13

Posted on 27/01/2021 09:13

As we're currently stuck in another lockdown we wanted to know your top recommendations for TV shows, podcasts, bloggers, vloggers or anything you're enjoying right now to keep you inspired for travel and help you plan for when we can go out touring again. 

We would love to hear your recommendations below. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 07/02/2021 10:54

Posted on 07/02/2021 10:54

Yes, I saw that on iplayer, but we couldn’t find it last night. Like you, I have to do a bit of fast forwarding, and you can certainly end up in tears. He often does himself. Some of the places he visits are so shocking amidst what on the surface looks like paradise. I used to wonder when work colleagues would return and tell tales of never leaving the gated tourist areas of some places they went to, and I had a work colleague who took all sorts of quite trivial objects (to us) such as biros, pencils, etc.... out to Gambia as gifts for the folks he met there. 

Mind there are areas of our own town it’s wise not to venture into when the sun goes down.........

InaD replied on 07/02/2021 11:25

Posted on 07/02/2021 11:25

Ttda, if you're interested, the 3rd part is on BBC2 tonight at 8pm. It's about"some of the incredible wildlife he's encountered". It will probably involve some fast forwarding I think.....

Takethedogalong replied on 07/02/2021 11:30

Posted on 07/02/2021 11:30

What would help Ina, is the actual title of the programme. Search on BBC iplayer is next to useless. We put in S for Simon, actually put in Simon, and got a selected few of his programmes, but this one was buried deeper, and we gave up at that point. I went back to Wycliffe😂

InaD replied on 07/02/2021 13:11

Posted on 07/02/2021 11:30 by Takethedogalong

What would help Ina, is the actual title of the programme. Search on BBC iplayer is next to useless. We put in S for Simon, actually put in Simon, and got a selected few of his programmes, but this one was buried deeper, and we gave up at that point. I went back to Wycliffe😂

Posted on 07/02/2021 13:11

Agreed; I've searched for things and never been able to find them.  You'd have to look under the letter "I" for this one (isn't that obvious frown???) as the actual title of this series is: Incredible journeys with Simon Reeve.

brue replied on 07/02/2021 13:42

Posted on 07/02/2021 13:42

If it's any help just type ...BBC Simon Reeve...  and most of his programme links will come up. smile

Wherenext replied on 07/02/2021 15:38

Posted on 07/02/2021 15:38

Inspiration can come in many forms. 

I remember picking up a book in a charity shop for £0.50 some years ago. It was guide to Where to Eat for the Pas de Calais and Normandy area. We decided on an autumn trip with the caravan, just the week as we were working, and picked a restaurant each day for a lunch time meal. Needed it as well as the weather was poor but we thoroughly enjoyed being French for the week. A drive, a cosy cafe for coffee and newspaper, a stroll around the small towns or market, then a leisurely lunch. It turned out to be a perfect week, doing something different but refreshing us for the back to work slog.

We did something similar a few years later with a winter 5 night break to Paris and walked all over the city. Obviously more things to do with the rest of the day. Another charity shop book bought.

replied on 07/02/2021 16:25

Posted on 07/02/2021 16:25

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook