Grossly Unfair

JohnM20 replied on 15/10/2023 09:01

Posted on 15/10/2023 09:01

Am I the only one to think that it is grossly unfair that Layton Williams was invited on to Strictly Come Dancing? Undoubtedly Layton has a talent for dancing but that is down to the fact that he is a trained professional dancer having appeared in many shows such as Billie Elliot, The Car Man and Hairspray to name but three. Whilst Strictly is predominantly ballroom and Latin there is a great deal of skills overlap with ballet, street-dance and show dancing so he has a big head start on all the other competitors. Should he win Strictly, (and I really hope he doesn't for the above reason), in my eyes it will be whoever is runner-up that is the real winner.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/10/2023 15:37

Posted on 15/10/2023 15:37

Strictly is very very popular, hence its broadcast slot and all the other programmes around the results. I only watched the one full series, mainly because I was on holiday with my parents in 2013, and it featured a few of the 2012 Olympians such as Louis Smith and Victoria Pendleton. I enjoyed it enough to tune in each week after, but had predicted Louis Smith would win, given his huge popularity at the time and his superb athleticism, grace and improvement. Didn’t like the judging format though.

I’ve never seen BGT, X Factor, The Voice, The Masked Singer at all. Not a fan of Simon Cowell’s genre. Some initially winning formats seem to be flogged to death. I can recall growing up with Opportunity Knocks and one or two other such programmes, they launched some really good careers. 

eribaMotters replied on 15/10/2023 19:07

Posted on 15/10/2023 13:23 by Tinwheeler

I feel like that about football😕. 

No doubt we all have likes and dislikes.

Posted on 15/10/2023 19:07

I also don't like football, or rugby, cricket, tennis, in fact most sports, opera, musicals, religion, politics, reality tv shows. I'm a boring old fart.

Oh, and the news depresses me.

Colin

Wherenext replied on 20/10/2023 18:54

Posted on 20/10/2023 18:54

Mentioned this thread to Mrs.WN and she says you have all got to stop picking on Layton as he's from Bury.

Personally I agree with Clark Gable.😅

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2023 11:33

Posted on 20/10/2023 18:54 by Wherenext

Mentioned this thread to Mrs.WN and she says you have all got to stop picking on Layton as he's from Bury.

Personally I agree with Clark Gable.😅

Posted on 21/10/2023 11:33

I like the Clark Gable attitude🤣👍

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook