Ipcress File/Wirral Country Park

Rob2CathDavies replied on 12/04/2022 17:24

Posted on 12/04/2022 17:24

Did anyone besides me, notice the scenes about 20 mins from the end of the final episode?  I immediately recognised the house on the beach near the Club Site at Wirral Country Park, and the scene on the slipway at the Dee Sailing Club, a few minutes walk from the site?

I looked up where the series was filmed, and it was mostly Liverpool, so that fits.

so if you’ve recorded it, look out near the end of the final episode.

DavidKlyne replied on 13/04/2022 10:29

Posted on 13/04/2022 10:29

We watched the series but not having been to the campsite in question I wouldn't have noticed. Quite enjoyed the series but initially it was difficult to not think of Michael Caine in the leading role. As the series went on that thought tended to disappear. Tom Hollander was good as Dalby. 

David

ADP1963 replied on 13/04/2022 12:03

Posted on 13/04/2022 12:03

I really enjoyed the series, but like you DK kept thinking of Michael Cain. I love that era as we were part of it, but it was also nice to see people dressed smartly again. undecided I know...I am a Dinosaur.

Rob2CathDavies replied on 13/04/2022 20:49

Posted on 13/04/2022 20:49

We too enjoyed the series, a teeny bit complicated at times, but well cast and well acted.  We preferred the new Palmer to the Michael Caine version.

As for Wirral Country Park, which is a few minutes walk from those scenes on the Dee Estuary in the final ep, if you haven’t been, you are missing a great site.

For lovers of nature, countryside and walking or cycling, you are situated on the Wirral Way, the southern half of which is pleasantly rural with views over the Dee Estuary (RSPB) to the hills and mountains of Wales.

For city kids, you are a short distance from a number of railway stations (we think Hoylake is best) offering free parking if you travel by rail under the Mersey into Liverpool for the iconic buildings on the waterfront, museums galore, etc.  Can recommend the NT tour of Beatles childhood homes, which is very moving for any fan.

Many other attractions, Ness Gardens and Port Sunlight etc.  Or just watching ships exit the Manchester Ship Canal at high tide from Eastham Country Park!

Well if that hasn’t sold the site to members, nothing will!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook