Iplayer for computers stopping April 2024

footlooserv replied on 13/02/2024 13:28

Posted on 13/02/2024 13:28

Last week the BBC announced on the Iplayer web site that you can no longer download the computer Iplayer app and those that have it already it will stop in April 2024. This was after 4 days of them saying they had a problem and it was not available. It will only be possible to stream via the app. cry Found out when sorting out downloads to take on holiday on my laptop which has worked so well for years.

DavidKlyne replied on 13/02/2024 20:22

Posted on 13/02/2024 20:22

I was a bit confused about this announcement (easily done!) When I first read about it I thought if was about downloading programmes to a computer and watching them later? Not something I have ever done.  What I am now not sure about is whether it also applies to watching a live broadcast on my computer or something from the back catalogue. I don't use an App just go to the iPlayer website and select programme I want. So will I still be able to do that?

David

Tinwheeler replied on 13/02/2024 20:33

footlooserv replied on 14/02/2024 13:28

Posted on 13/02/2024 20:22 by DavidKlyne

I was a bit confused about this announcement (easily done!) When I first read about it I thought if was about downloading programmes to a computer and watching them later? Not something I have ever done.  What I am now not sure about is whether it also applies to watching a live broadcast on my computer or something from the back catalogue. I don't use an App just go to the iPlayer website and select programme I want. So will I still be able to do that?

David

Posted on 14/02/2024 13:28

You will still be able to watch live programs or old ones that are streamed. You just can not download and watch later on a computer.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/02/2024 20:45

Posted on 14/02/2024 13:28 by footlooserv

You will still be able to watch live programs or old ones that are streamed. You just can not download and watch later on a computer.

Posted on 14/02/2024 20:45

Thanks for that. I have never downloaded to watch later so hopefully the changes won't impact on me. I don't watch that many things anyway but when Dateline London was on I would often watch that on my computer so Margaret could use the TV.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook