Othello

replied on 26/03/2021 20:35

Posted on 26/03/2021 20:35

The user and all related content has been deleted

Takethedogalong replied on 26/03/2021 21:44

Posted on 26/03/2021 21:44

Good actor Rory Kinnear. Enjoyed his performance as Henry IV in The Hollow Crown.

replied on 26/03/2021 22:43

Posted on 26/03/2021 21:44 by Takethedogalong

Good actor Rory Kinnear. Enjoyed his performance as Henry IV in The Hollow Crown.

Posted on 26/03/2021 22:43

Takethedogalong replied on 27/03/2021 12:17

Posted on 27/03/2021 12:17

Enjoyed all The Hollow Crown.

Yes, Jeremy Irons was the older Henry. I watched both trilogies at the time of broadcast. I think their commissioning was part of the Cultural Olympics, which formed part of 2012. My favourite character from the first trilogy was Hotspur, brilliantly played with all the nervous, hot headed impulse by Joe Armstrong (with his Dad Alun as Percy). Too young an impression really but very good.
A who’s who of British acting greats, young and ageing. The second trilogy is just as good as the first. You are probably aware that a lot of the first trilogy was filmed in St David’s Cathedral, your home area.

Only actor I found a tad miscast in the second series is the one who plays Edward, Earl of March/ Edward VI. Not big enough, handsome enough or charismatic enough. Or young enough. A difficult casting though to find that combination, and his precocious ferocity. 

Will take a look online at Othello. Love the Lawrence Fishbourne movie version.

replied on 02/04/2021 11:38

Posted on 27/03/2021 12:17 by Takethedogalong

Enjoyed all The Hollow Crown.

Yes, Jeremy Irons was the older Henry. I watched both trilogies at the time of broadcast. I think their commissioning was part of the Cultural Olympics, which formed part of 2012. My favourite character from the first trilogy was Hotspur, brilliantly played with all the nervous, hot headed impulse by Joe Armstrong (with his Dad Alun as Percy). Too young an impression really but very good.
A who’s who of British acting greats, young and ageing. The second trilogy is just as good as the first. You are probably aware that a lot of the first trilogy was filmed in St David’s Cathedral, your home area.

Only actor I found a tad miscast in the second series is the one who plays Edward, Earl of March/ Edward VI. Not big enough, handsome enough or charismatic enough. Or young enough. A difficult casting though to find that combination, and his precocious ferocity. 

Will take a look online at Othello. Love the Lawrence Fishbourne movie version.

Posted on 02/04/2021 11:38

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook