SAS Rogue Heroes

heddlo replied on 02/11/2022 10:39

Posted on 02/11/2022 10:39

We were looking forward to this new series about the formation of the SAS, sadly didn’t enjoy it due to the sound quality.   Did anyone else see it and have the same problem?

If it wasn’t the background music being too loud, it was the mumbling speech.

Will try another week and see if things improve.  Perhaps it’s an age thing??! 

peedee replied on 02/11/2022 11:35

Posted on 02/11/2022 11:35

Think I had to turn it up at one point but as I have watched all episodes on iPlayer I cannot remember where this was necessary. If you want the real story there is a documentary on BBC available on catchup in three episodes. Search BBC 2 SAS Rogue Heros.

I find it is very often necessary to feed the sound to my external system to improve the speach on many programs, especially on Netflix or Prime.films and programs.

peedee

DavidKlyne replied on 02/11/2022 12:19

Posted on 02/11/2022 12:19

I have not watched the programme yet but sound issues on TV programmes seem to be a perpetual problem these days. Anyone with any hearing problems has particular difficulties. Does make you wonder if the producers of such programmes ever watch it on an ordinary TV?

David

Tinwheeler replied on 02/11/2022 13:04

Posted on 02/11/2022 13:04

I recommend good quality, privately dispensed, hearing aids. Adjusting them via an app can correct numerous failings in the sound quality coming from our TV sets/sound bars.

peedee replied on 02/11/2022 15:42

Posted on 02/11/2022 15:42

You can alter the sound settings on most TVs, I just leave mine on the "standard" settings and if it is not satisfactory feed it to my external surround sound system. It saves fiddling with the settings for the different programmes

peedee

richardandros replied on 02/11/2022 16:01

Posted on 02/11/2022 16:01

I've got to say that I fully agree with heddlo.  We are away at the moment - near Thornton Le Dale and although the sound on our TV is good - during the programme we watched last night on catch-up - it was rubbish and certainly spoilt my enjoyment of the programme. I read somewhere that film directors tend not to employ a sound director these days and that may account for why the sound on many programmes is so poor. 

Takethedogalong replied on 30/11/2022 14:38

Posted on 30/11/2022 14:38

You can improve things quite a bit by setting your sound priority on a Smart TV. One of the big things on SASRogue Hero’s is the use of some heavy duty music at times, so utilising the “dialogue” option might tone things down a bit.
Most of my viewing of other than sport is done via an iPad and good quality noise cancelling head phones, so I didn’t struggle at all catching up on this. Enjoying the series, it’s something different.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook