Stephen

SeasideBill replied on 01/09/2021 12:38

Posted on 01/09/2021 12:38

Watched all 3 episodes of ‘Stephen’ on ITV Player last night. It tells the story of the Stephen Lawrence family and their fight for justice for their murdered son. It’s too good to wait until next week for the next episode. Powerful, compelling TV all the more so as these shocking events actually happened. It made me feel very uneasy about the Police and the Justice system. Actors playing the parents of Stephen Lawrence were superb as was Steve Coogan as the DCI. 

moulesy replied on 01/09/2021 20:36

Posted on 01/09/2021 20:36

It clashed with Vigil last night which was too good to miss, but we will certainly catch up with it on iPlayer.

I'm always very impressed with Steve Coogan - very versatile and so much more to him than Alan Partridge. He was brilliant with Judy Dench in Philomena, the most unlikely of combinations! smile

SeasideBill replied on 01/09/2021 22:10

Posted on 01/09/2021 22:10

Agree about Steve Coogan, also saw Philomena - great British film.

I’ve also been watching Vigil, not as good as I’d anticipated, a bit contrived and predictable for my tastes, but easy enough to watch.

DavidKlyne replied on 03/09/2021 14:42

Posted on 03/09/2021 14:42

Only watched the first episode as yet but agree that it looks a good series. It is full of tensions both on the Lawrence family side and within the police. I don't know if DCI Driscoll is accurately portrayed but clearly the Met needed a few more like him?

David

DavidKlyne replied on 07/09/2021 17:22

Posted on 07/09/2021 17:22

We have now watched all three episodes. It was certainly an interesting drama and does make you think how certain sections of our communities are treated. It also became clear that the more the evidence was collected and a successful prosecution concluded the more the Met wanted to distance itself from the case. The problem for DCI Driscoll was that he was too successful. Doesn't showh the current leadership of the Met Police in a good light?

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook