The Sound Of Music

DSB replied on 20/12/2015 22:06

Posted on 20/12/2015 22:06

Anyone watch it tonight.  A live performance.  It was in line with the original Rodgers and Hammerstein stage version rather than the classic film.  I was quite impressed - only really spotted one error (a stray camera earlier on).  Nice to hear the music not in the film.

I look forward to seeing the programme that explains how they did it.  I thought they did really well with it.

David 

Oldgirl and Staffy replied on 02/02/2016 13:04

Posted on 02/02/2016 13:04

Just spotted this post.    I watched the programme as a result of 'channel flicking' before Christmas.  I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it even though the film is on TV so often it has become 'old hat'.  Alexander Armstrong was very good I thought.

brue replied on 23/04/2022 20:04

Posted on 23/04/2022 20:04

Here's another version of My Favourite Things played by John Coltrane...I play this if I want to hear something cheerful! smile

ADP1963 replied on 24/04/2022 13:01

Posted on 24/04/2022 13:01

Brue

If you like Jazz....................Cheltenham Jazz Festival next week.  wink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook