This Town

mickysf replied on 02/04/2024 11:17

Posted on 02/04/2024 11:17

Anyone else enjoying This Town on the BBC?

Story line obviously ‘bigged’ up beyond that which history provided and disturbing at times but the acting and sound track is excellent. Not sure, like  others, that the actor’s accents reflect that I recall from my experience. Having said that I didn’t always understand my friends from this part of the country. Looking forward to further episodes.

Takethedogalong replied on 03/04/2024 15:44

Posted on 03/04/2024 15:44

Yes, we have relatives who migrated across to Isle of Axholme in the 1980’s. Childrens accents are more Lincs, even though one of the children actually stayed in South Yorks school. OH’s family on his Mum’s side were from Tees area, Yorkshire but with a lovely softer undertonešŸ˜

Going back to the Birmingham accent, I recall going to a conference in central Birmingham in the late 1980’s. Friend and me couldn’t keep a straight face when we overheard two Birmingham based attendees moaning, in very broad Brummie, about the funny accents of other attendeesšŸ¤£

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook