Time

moulesy replied on 07/06/2021 15:15

Posted on 07/06/2021 15:15

Was anyone else watching the first episode of this latest BBC drama last night?

Written by the brilliant Jimmy McGovern and starring Sean Bean and Stephen Graham it always promised to be a grim story but compulsive viewing and it certainly lived up to expectations. All 3 episodes are available on iPlayer so I might just get ahead before it clashes with the footie next week!

Should be required viewing for anyone who thinks prison life is a cushy number these days.  surprised

replied on 15/06/2021 07:40

Posted on 15/06/2021 07:40

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Graydjames replied on 16/06/2021 15:39

Posted on 16/06/2021 15:39

Sadly, this kind kind of stuff is way too grim and tense for me.

But, then, Jimmy McGovern always has been, to put it mildly, "edgy". That is a very personal criticism. I realise that that makes him a great writer for many. Just not for me, not remotely.

Years ago I bought the full box set of "The Street". I think I managed two episodes before I consigned it to eBay. I think compared to "Time", "The Street" is easy viewing.   

Takethedogalong replied on 16/06/2021 17:12

Posted on 16/06/2021 17:12

Well, I am half way through episode one and utterly hooked. Excellent performances so far, no idea how it will move on. 

Jimmy McGovern’s world is always brutally honest and unforgiving. It’s a glimpse into life thankfully most of us will never experience, hopefully.

EmilysDad replied on 16/06/2021 21:53

Posted on 16/06/2021 21:53

we watched all three episodes back to back on BBCi Player. Excellent .... but what else would you expect from the cast & Jimmy McGovern.

Metheven replied on 17/06/2021 10:09

Posted on 17/06/2021 10:09

Excellent series, still to watch the third part and I suspect it truly depicts prison life exactly as it is.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook