Air fryers

DEBSC replied on 22/09/2022 08:58

Posted on 22/09/2022 08:58

I see that someone asked a question on their power last year but the discussion didn’t go far. This question is for those that use one. With fuel prices going up OH is looking at fuel saving and having the cooker on less. Whilst away we met a chap who uses his air fryer for almost all his cooking and firmly recommended them. However, it seems everyone has the same idea and the larger ones can’t be bought anywhere. Lakeland can’t get them in stock until at least November, with many others the same. Now people are selling them on various websites, eBay, for twice their original price, this always seems to happen when supply of an item is short. My question is, are they really as good as they sound? And if you have one what make would you recommend. Despite all his enthusiasm OH never cooks so guess who will be left to use it, that is if we can ever get one.

KjellNN replied on 26/12/2022 23:48

Posted on 26/12/2022 23:48

Tonight we have had chicken kyivs (again) with mini skin on roast potatoes (10p per kg from Lidl) and a roast parsnip (19p for 2 large ones)  all done in the air fryer.    Took about 30minutes in Air fryer

At lunch time we did a couple of part baked crispy rolls in the air fryer, took about 6 minutes.      Certainly a big saving on using the oven.

mickysf replied on 28/12/2022 13:44

Posted on 28/12/2022 13:44

Just roasted parsnips, carrots, onions, celery not used for Christmas meal in the airfrier. Then stock added for 20mins simmer on the hob. Blitzed, dob of cream and soup ready. Tastes lovely. Those bread buns warmed in the cooling airfrier.

Anyone tried sprout soup. Still have a few left🤣

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 28/12/2022 15:24

Posted on 28/12/2022 13:44 by mickysf

Just roasted parsnips, carrots, onions, celery not used for Christmas meal in the airfrier. Then stock added for 20mins simmer on the hob. Blitzed, dob of cream and soup ready. Tastes lovely. Those bread buns warmed in the cooling airfrier.

Anyone tried sprout soup. Still have a few left🤣

Posted on 28/12/2022 15:24

Not sprout soup but I’m a fan of sprouts generally. Frozen so they don’t wither-out the freezer into the pan-Bosh👍🏻

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/03/2023 16:51

Posted on 23/03/2023 15:36 by DSB

My wife is beginning to get 'Air Fryer Envy', so I reckon it won't be long now....!!  🤣🤣🤣

David

Posted on 23/03/2023 16:51

Clean kitchen envy too, no mess no spitting over the hob & all liquids/fat driven out of the meat/food into a receptacle to be wiped & dishwashered-Bosh👍🏻😊

triky auto replied on 26/04/2023 11:34

Posted on 26/04/2023 11:34

cool Right !! After all this time & all you're experiences ,,which 'Air Fryer 'would you recommend ,,bearing in mind wattage power requirements to site EHU etc ??Weight & size ?? AND do you think that they are worth the money ,?? 

mickysf replied on 26/04/2023 19:52

Posted on 26/04/2023 19:52

We have the Ninja Foodi max health air frier which I use in and outside the van. They do a BBQ version which smokes too but it’s a tad expensive. Ours is used at home and away and I’ve had no difficulties, in fact we very rarely use our ovens in the home or van at all these days There are so many recipes on websites across the internet to explore and try.

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-health-grill-air-fryer-ag551uk-zidAG551UK

This is the BBQ one I’d love to buy but I can’t afford the site night fees now let alone this wonderful gadget!😉

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/ninja-catalog/ninja-electric-bbq-grills/?gclsrc=aw.ds&gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6YnakZ3I_gIV6AUGAB3TcQ5iEAAYASABEgJenvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

KjellNN replied on 26/04/2023 21:06

Posted on 26/04/2023 11:34 by triky auto

cool Right !! After all this time & all you're experiences ,,which 'Air Fryer 'would you recommend ,,bearing in mind wattage power requirements to site EHU etc ??Weight & size ?? AND do you think that they are worth the money ,?? 

Posted on 26/04/2023 21:06

Aldi have a dual drawer one in store at the moment, it looked pretty similar to the  £20-£30 more expensive Salter one we bought at The Range.  Can certainly recommend the Salter one.

We use ours whenever possible, though do not bring it in the caravan, our oven at home is getting much less use.

We like the dual drawer one as we can do 2 different foods, or just use one drawer, but for a single person, a single drawer one might be big enough, you can add food as you go along if there is enough space.

If you want to do say a whole roast chicken, you would need one with a single larger drawer.

Lakeland also have a good selection, and Lidl also get them in every so often.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook