Spiraliser

IanH replied on 23/06/2016 20:09

Posted on 23/06/2016 20:09

We bought one of these gadgets today as the idea of vegetables instead of pasta quite appealed.

Does anyone else have one and what do you use it for?

IamtheGaitor replied on 23/06/2016 20:22

Posted on 23/06/2016 20:22

I like courgette spaghetti - butternut squash spag is supposed to be nice too. When small children are round they turn everything into spaghetti because its fun to make and eat that way.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/06/2016 23:14

Posted on 23/06/2016 23:14

The Hairy Bikers did a lovely lasagne using leeks instead of pasta! Par boiled leeks, cooked so they don't fall apart. Use like pasta sheets, good calorie saving tip!

let us know how you do Ian, been looking at a spiraliser but just not sure!

kenexton replied on 24/06/2016 07:50

Posted on 24/06/2016 07:50

Yes,and my OH uses it a lot to produce some tasty meals.Last night we had a healthy stir fry of  spiralised vegetables from our allotment with chicken strips in a chilli sauce.We have one at home and another in the MH.The better one is the pot type with a green plastic lid and base from Lakeland the other is a black cylindrical item which works OK but the former is easier to use- or so we find.Enjoy!

IamtheGaitor replied on 24/06/2016 12:17

Posted on 24/06/2016 12:17

The Hairy Bikers did a lovely lasagne using leeks instead of pasta! Par boiled leeks, cooked so they don't fall apart. Use like pasta sheets, good calorie saving tip!

let us know how you do Ian, been looking at a spiraliser but just not sure!

yes that was a fab recipe - but i do like most of theirs  :-)

Pippah45 replied on 24/06/2016 12:37

Posted on 24/06/2016 12:37

I fell for the spiraliser but really have found the little hand held potato peeler like thing works pretty well for spaghettied veggies  - and a small mandolin for larger strips - and take up a lot less space in the caravan! 

Just going to do something for lunch with one or other gadget1 

Flavia60 replied on 02/06/2022 19:47

Posted on 02/06/2022 19:47

I use a lakeland spiraliser in the caravan and an attachment for chef major at home. I do courgette and carrots mixed, my preference is to put in tray on oven at home for 15 mins to dry moisture, caravan I dont but use a creme fraiche sauce instead of tomato sauce. Tuna sauce or smoked salmon work brilliantly. When mixed with homemade tomato sauce I top wit cod topped with a little sauce and cheese grilled or chicken. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook