Suggestions - getting to & parking - Kew Gardens

JohnM20 replied on 11/10/2022 08:58

Posted on 11/10/2022 08:58

Next spring we are planning a week near High Wycombe and have thought that one of the places that we have always wanted to go to is Kew Gardens. As the crow flies, is about 30 miles away I believe. The question is what is the best way to get there? Apparently there is very limited parking at Kew so our thoughts are to drive best part of the way there down the M40 / A40 and then get the train / tube to Kew. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to go to to park the car? We'd thought about Uxbridge or Ealing but these places may not be the best. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Moderator Edit:

I've amended the title to make the thread topic clearer from the index.

brue replied on 11/10/2022 12:47

Posted on 11/10/2022 12:47

Have you looked at the Kew Gardens website,  getting there section has lots of useful suggestions Eg bus numbers etc

DavidKlyne replied on 11/10/2022 17:00

Posted on 11/10/2022 17:00

It was a few years ago that we went but there is parking nearby for cars. You go past the main gates and down a little side road which takes you down to the parking behind the Gardens. I am sure that Google Earth would illustrate exactly where it was. 

David

JohnM20 replied on 11/10/2022 17:45

Posted on 11/10/2022 17:45

Thanks, all, for your replies. It looks as though it will be M40 then A40, into Ealing and then number 65 bus to Kew. I won't have to worry about the LEZ as my car is Euro 6.

eurortraveller replied on 11/10/2022 20:51

Posted on 11/10/2022 20:51

The multi storey at EalingBroadway  is above the Broadway  shopping centre - with lifts and escalators down to the shops which are around a central courtyard. .The 65 bus starts from tne train station which is across the road but I think there will also be a bus stop outside the shopping centre. I don’t know the parking prices - my Ealing resident daughter pays. You will be outside the Inner London ULEZ.so won’t have to pay that.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook