Bitcoin- going through the roof!

Merve replied on 06/08/2017 21:07

Posted on 06/08/2017 21:07

For most people, bitcoin is a black art- it is for me-  but having seen the present bitcoin price of over £2,500 pounds each, its blacker than I thought. When I first became interested in it in 2013 it was £45 per bitcoin!!. The financial gurus that I consult say it's nothing like too late to buy it- one saying that it will reach £100,000 per bitcoin by 2025! and others going even higher! Personally, I think that is wishful thinking but even if it increases by the lowest estimates,  it certainly looks like a good investment if you have some spare cash. You don't have to buy a full bitcoin,  You can buy part of a bitcoin and sit on it. Please don't ask me how it works, I don't know but when you consider an ounce of gold is at the present time £960 or there abouts, bitcoin is making many people very wealthy!! More and more traders are accepting Btc as payment- Virgin for one- and thousands of others. Maybe this will be the new currency? It can't be increased, printed and with the block chain it's fully audited and accountable- its honest-- something that the Banksters hate- no wonder they are trying to regulate it! 

SteveL replied on 07/04/2021 09:57

Posted on 07/04/2021 09:57

I admit to not really understanding Bitcoin or how they are administered. However, if this article (LINK for full articlehighlights below) from the Telegraph is anything to go by, their carbon footprint is massive

The study, published in the Nature Communicationsjournal, predicted that the energy usage of the Bitcoin blockchain would peak in 2024 at almost 297 terawatt hours and generate 130.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions.

This would mean the industry ranks 12th in the world in terms of energy usage, ahead of Italy, Saudi Arabia and Spain, and just below the UK. It would also become more carbon-intensive than countries including Nigeria, Belgium and Qatar.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook