E-Scooters: I've seen it all now

JohnM20 replied on 10/12/2021 07:57

Posted on 10/12/2021 07:57

Whilst walking down the busy main corridor at the Royal Derby Hospital yesterday a guy in, I would say, his early twenties, (I'm 99% certain he wasn't staff), came out of the doors of one of the side clinics pushing an E-scooter. Once into the main corridor he promptly jumped on his scooter and proceeded to ride it, weaving through the people walking along the corridor. The corridor is not particularly wide and people are walking in both directions. Any one of them could have been hit by this idiot.

He had obviously ridden his scooter illegally to get to the hospital and then taken it in with him. Where was the hospital security? No where to be seen unfortunately.

JohnM20 replied on 13/01/2023 14:41

Posted on 13/01/2023 14:41

When I wrote my original post just over a year ago I thought I had seen it all as regards stupidity with an electric scooter. But I was wrong. Today I saw a guy going flat out on the pavement alongside a main road. He was steering only with his right hand. Cradled in his left arm was a toddler that couldn't have been any more than two years old. Utterly frightening to think what could quite easily happen.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook