Fishing - A Dilemma

Freddy55 replied on 29/12/2019 19:59

Posted on 29/12/2019 19:59

Hiya folks. I used to enjoy fishing, found it very therapeutic plus lots of extra benefits. Fished mostly lakes and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then along came golf, which meant I had a choice to make, given the time constraints...golf won. I now have the time to indulge both. The problem I have is this. I am now mindful of the distress that being ‘caught’ might cause said fish. I am fully aware of the good that anglers do, when it comes to husbandry of our waters, but bottom line, is it a cruel sport/pastime?

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 31/12/2019 09:28

Posted on 31/12/2019 07:12 by mickysf

Thanks Tw, now the next question. Why is it that in the UK those in Scotland have no Rod Licence to pay for fresh, brackish, coastal or the sea? A divided Nation again!

Posted on 31/12/2019 09:28

Simples-the Scots set their own rules to a degree in the build up to full independence. Tax too👍🏻

brue replied on 31/12/2019 10:35

Posted on 31/12/2019 10:35

Here's the general info for sea fishing. LINK

and there's a bit of Scottish water which flows into England in the Borders and is licensed by English law...

you have a good research team Mickysf! laughing

derekcyril replied on 31/12/2019 20:02

Posted on 31/12/2019 20:02

Good points made . Took granddaughter to zoo today , weve been loads . But today me and the wife both thought it was cruel for the animals , after all these years . The point of zoos was to show exotic animals to people who would never see them . Or rich peoples ego .Anyway can you get me a carp , lovely fish to eat .

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook