For anyone in the Poole area this Christmas

Cornersteady replied on 22/12/2022 10:37

Posted on 22/12/2022 10:37

If there's anyone living or staying in the Poole this Christmas you're in for a treat and please could you check something out for me?

In Poole, as I'm sure many of you know, grid north and true north always align there (and obviously other northerly places on that line of 2 degrees west of the meridian) but for the first time in history (not sure how they know that) magnetic north will as well, so all three norths will all align!

If anyone has a compass and map could they check this out for me?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/newsroom/news/three-norths-align-great-britain

RedKite replied on 23/12/2022 13:34

Posted on 23/12/2022 13:34

I saw this article on local Dorset BBC news in November as it was in Langton Matravers then moved on to Bournemouth and then Poole then next year Hebden Bridge in August and going out to seas at Berwick upon Tweed in 2024, if we had been still living in Somerset we would have gone down to Dorset just to check to see how it works.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook