Hyundai Kona electric

RogerP1956 replied on 19/03/2022 18:52

Posted on 19/03/2022 18:52

Obviously not a tow car but we are considering one as a car for my wife. Just wondering if anyone from the wide spectrum of  caravan club members had any experience of the model.

We have had a test drive and really liked it, the only complaint was that I hit my head on the tailgate when it was open but it is always good to hear other opinions.

No rush for an answer because it is an 8 month wait for the car.

DavidKlyne replied on 20/03/2022 13:17

Posted on 20/03/2022 13:17

I was going to ask if you had considered the Kia E-Niro which is basically the same car but with a longer warranty? I am on my fourth Kia car (none of them EV's) so I suppose I could be a bit biased? Having said that all the reviews I have seen on the E-Niro seem good.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 20/03/2022 13:37

Posted on 20/03/2022 11:48 by cyberyacht

My brother has the Kia equivalent and is well pleased with it.

Posted on 20/03/2022 13:37

The Kia Stonic is the direct equivalent of the Hyundai Kona, CY, but I don’t believe it is available as an EV.

The Niro, as mentioned by DK, and Soul are much the same as the Kona in terms of motors. The Niro is lower in the body and the Soul, well……😳

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook