Recommendation for new washing machine

charlie25 replied on 05/08/2021 13:02

Posted on 05/08/2021 13:02

Got back from our caravan trip and put the Siemens washer on but no lights on control panel, think it could be the Motherboard. Probably too expensive to repair so search for a new washing machine, any recommendations out there especially with extended guarantees.

JVB66 replied on 05/08/2021 17:27

Posted on 05/08/2021 17:09 by Bakers2

I have been out looking, so far so good 🤞 existing LG machine. Our local guy, part of euro?, group to get better deals useless. So went to JL. Plenty of help and advise decided on a JL one, haven't got the details to hand - not all washing machines are the same size! Silly me for thinking that! JL made by leading company, an extra year free warranty. Delivery and removal, £20. Hoping not to need it until we move house 🤞

Posted on 05/08/2021 17:27

jL came up trumps when our previous washing machine gave up after just out of warranty,got a JL own brand still going after 6yrs

Bakers2 replied on 05/08/2021 18:00

Posted on 05/08/2021 17:27 by JVB66

jL came up trumps when our previous washing machine gave up after just out of warranty,got a JL own brand still going after 6yrs

Posted on 05/08/2021 18:00

That's good to know. Several of the JL staff are using them apparently and as they said they don't get commission.

Our LG is more than 14 I think, it is a great machine and long may it continue to be, but it does like to walk across the floor from time to time 😱.  I have have to uptake to all the internal doors in the conservatory, it was just going to be 2 doors, as it almost shut me out if the kitchen! No worries I thought to self, I'll go out the dining room into the conservatory in through the kitchen door, oops key on wrong side!

KjellNN replied on 05/08/2021 18:41

Posted on 05/08/2021 17:09 by Bakers2

I have been out looking, so far so good 🤞 existing LG machine. Our local guy, part of euro?, group to get better deals useless. So went to JL. Plenty of help and advise decided on a JL one, haven't got the details to hand - not all washing machines are the same size! Silly me for thinking that! JL made by leading company, an extra year free warranty. Delivery and removal, £20. Hoping not to need it until we move house 🤞

Posted on 05/08/2021 18:41

There is not really  a big variation in sizes if you mean outside dimensions.

Most freestanding ones will fit in a 600mm wide space, and are less than 860mm high.   Some are however deeper back to front than others, which is not good if in the kitchen.

If needing an integrated one, I believe they are a standard size.

Bakers2 replied on 05/08/2021 20:32

Posted on 05/08/2021 18:41 by KjellNN

There is not really  a big variation in sizes if you mean outside dimensions.

Most freestanding ones will fit in a 600mm wide space, and are less than 860mm high.   Some are however deeper back to front than others, which is not good if in the kitchen.

If needing an integrated one, I believe they are a standard size.

Posted on 05/08/2021 20:32

Yes it was mainly the depth but I believe some in width too. Not integrated but kitchen, refitted 8 years ago, built around it by professionals.......

DavidKlyne replied on 05/08/2021 20:38

Posted on 05/08/2021 20:38

I have never particularly bothered with extended warranties. Looking at a reasonably priced Bosch in JL they give a two year warranty and if you wanted to extend the full warranty that would cost £100 to take the warranty to five years in total. So basically for the three years covered by the extended warranty it works out at just under £3 a month. Often its worth looking at what the manufacturer has to offer, sometimes you can extend the warranty on the parts only at a cheaper rate. You still have to pay for the labour charges outside of the standard warranty period but it can be a good half way house. In the past I have not been very good at registering products with the manufacturer but I am keener on that idea now since a problem I had with a Vax cleaner which would have been a lot easier to deal with had I done so. I should add that once I had done that Vax were excellent in how they dealt with the problem.

David

SteveL replied on 05/08/2021 23:18

Posted on 05/08/2021 23:11 by TomL

What's all this got to do with caravanning?

Posted on 05/08/2021 23:18

Not a lot. However, it is in the general chat section, which is for:-

“For topics not covered in other discussion areas and a place to chat.”

richardandros replied on 06/08/2021 05:23

Posted on 05/08/2021 23:11 by TomL

What's all this got to do with caravanning?

Posted on 06/08/2021 05:23

Ask my wife that after we've been away for two weeks and she's putting load no.8 into the machine! Think I know what answer you'll get!

redface replied on 14/08/2021 22:22

Posted on 14/08/2021 22:22

Apart from the above fluff - have you carried out the basics like checking trip switches and plug fuses?

Twos more then one replied on 16/08/2021 07:46

Posted on 16/08/2021 07:46

First forget about the trillion different  programs machines, most people only use or need  more then a few
A good indicator of a machines build  is its load capacity ,as it gives a good indication of the build of the machine ie the higher the wash load capacity the more robust the machine 
On some machines if you read through the destruction you may find a way to reset the programmer ,if not you can try unplugging .or switching the device of at the socket, and leave for a good period, say a day, then switch back on 
Check if what ever the display is showing, it is not an error code ,and may be rectified quite easily 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook