Services

Gibson60 replied on 02/07/2022 10:10

Posted on 02/07/2022 10:10

Hi all, although I’m not new to caravaning I am new to long distance travelling could anybody out there tell me what I need to be aware of when stopping at services for a break, I heard that a lot of vans are stolen or broken into at these, has anyone got any advise please

Navigateur replied on 08/07/2022 21:03

Posted on 08/07/2022 21:03

With an overall length of just under 13 meters for the Land Rover and caravan it is bigger than many of the commercial vehicles on the road, so I would never consider trying to fit it into a car park area.  Truck bays are so much easier to access.

Taking turns to visit the provided facilities one at a time allows me time to do the necessary running checks on the Land Rover and caravan as well as stand up straight and move my lower limbs about a bit.   As well as have a craick with some of the other drivers.

geoffeales replied on 09/08/2022 16:07

Posted on 09/08/2022 16:07

we stopped at Strensham northbound and it wasn't until we arrived on site we discovered someone had tried to prize the door lock. Since then we've taken turns and left one minding the van. My problem these days is more about finding services with enough caravan spaces. We've driven straight through and out the other side on more than one occasion lately. Seems our beloved pass-time has become too popular!

Speaking of which, our next trip is to Troutbeck and I plan to stop twice, around the Stafford and Lancaster areas, any recommendations based on recent experience of parking spaces would  be appreciated.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook