Waste of resources

TwoJays replied on 07/08/2019 17:55

Posted on 07/08/2019 17:55

Have just stayed on a main CMC site and yet again wonder why there is so much waste of paper? We had one full A4 piece of paper as a receipt for the site fees, another for the site plaque - apparently that has to be paid for separately and therefore receipted on another sheet of paper. Then there is the site plan which you don't need for more than two minutes.

As most caravanners will have smart phones and probably tablets etc why not email a receipt? We know what we've paid, it will appear on the bank statement within a day or two so why a printed receipt? Why do we have to pay separately for the plaque and get another receipt? Many of us carry very little cash day to day and having to pay for this as another transaction is a pain - and another receipt!

Then the site plan. Useful to find an available pitch but after that? Most of us can spot a toilet block, water point and the bins without a map. Why not have a few laminated plans which can be returned to the office when you report your pitch number and collect the security card/ shower block key etc. No return, no key. They would initially cost a little more to laminate but the saving on hundreds of sheets of paper, coloured ink and electricity would be quite substantial across the network.

JVB66 replied on 12/08/2019 17:23

Posted on 09/08/2019 19:23 by redface

I personally like a receipt for any expenditure so that I can tick it off against bank statements, which incidentally are 'paperless' that is to say on my computer.

Site plans - are they online? Haven't come across one yet but I have not been looking for them.

Posted on 12/08/2019 17:23

Site plans are available for all club sites if needed when looking on line at a site it is via the site information page, they are, we find ,helpfull to see site layout

SteveL replied on 12/08/2019 17:23

Posted on 12/08/2019 17:23

We know what we've paid, it will appear on the bank statement within a day or two so why a printed receipt? 

Personally I like a printed receipt. Although I suppose a digital version would be OK, as long as it arrives. 

Once you have checked in, your booking disappears from my bookings. If there was ever any question over length of stay the receipt would be your proof.

DavidKlyne replied on 12/08/2019 21:16

Posted on 12/08/2019 21:16

Most of the times I go to a Club site the receipt has a dual purpose because it's printed on the back of a site plan so I suppose that is saving resources? The plan is often used by the warden to highlight the various facilities of the site plus also explaining the route you should take around the site. So even if they didn't print out the receipt they would still likely give you a site plan so it's only a small amount of ink being saved!

David

replied on 12/08/2019 23:52

Posted on 12/08/2019 23:52

I dont really collect receipts for anything anymore, no point. It's all on line.

As far as the club goes, dont want or need a receipt, total cost can show duration.

Site plan, we if been before, or it's all pretty obvious usually decline one.

What's a plaque?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook