What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2017 22:07

Posted on 24/02/2017 22:07

Saw some magnificent Ruby Red Rhubarb from Yorkshire on sale at our local farm shop today so treated ourselves. Don't like it too sweet so left it a bit on the tart side. Boy was it worth it. Just had it with Yeos Greek style Yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey. Enough for tomorrow as well.

Enjoy your weekends away, those that plucky enough.

milliehull replied on 24/02/2017 22:32

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:28 by HelenandTrevor

Goodie Bag, with new logo contained.........

THis month's magazine frown 

Flapjack smile was actually quite nice.

2 CAMC Orange Juices smile

And a CAMC  pen.surprised

I struggled to contain my excitement!  laughing

Posted on 24/02/2017 22:32

laughing

brue replied on 25/02/2017 08:31

Posted on 24/02/2017 22:07 by Wherenext

Saw some magnificent Ruby Red Rhubarb from Yorkshire on sale at our local farm shop today so treated ourselves. Don't like it too sweet so left it a bit on the tart side. Boy was it worth it. Just had it with Yeos Greek style Yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey. Enough for tomorrow as well.

Enjoy your weekends away, those that plucky enough.

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:31

I love early rhubarb, we usually force some and it's very mild, no sharpness. Forgot to do it this year!

replied on 25/02/2017 09:20

Posted on 24/02/2017 14:15 by

As you are shortly going to your seasonal pitch Malc I would suggest replace the pole and put your existing awning up for the season.

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:20

The awning has to be taken down every 21 days on a seasonal pitch for the 48 hours away. Only the caravan can be left on it throughout the season.

SteveL replied on 25/02/2017 09:28

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:31 by brue

I love early rhubarb, we usually force some and it's very mild, no sharpness. Forgot to do it this year!

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:28

Not the early sort, but Clumber Park walled kitchen garden, in mid May, is the place to go if you like rhubarb. Living close by we often call in to pick some up in season.

Rhubarb and apples grown in the Walled Kitchen Garden have been awarded National Plant Collection status by plant conservation charity, Plant Heritage.

They usually have various old and odd varieties for sale, as well as plants. Particularly like Victoria, named after the Queen, also Albert named her husband. We bought a Victoria plant, which we got a small crop off last year. Hopefully more this. They also have a Rhubarb festival with tastings, lots on the history, musical rhubarb and folk wandering about in Victorian costume. A great day out for both young and old.

replied on 25/02/2017 09:31

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:20 by

The awning has to be taken down every 21 days on a seasonal pitch for the 48 hours away. Only the caravan can be left on it throughout the season.

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:31

Is it a caravan club site then? 

replied on 25/02/2017 09:35

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:21 by IanH

So, you have been working at a loss and would have been better off not working then?

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:35

That's not quite correct, Ian. In 2015, we used the Shogun a lot for our own personal use. We weren't doing deliveries then. We toured a lot of England, Wales, the Lake District and went as far as Edinburgh in Scotland. So much of the wear of the clutch and flywheel had nothing to do with business. It was already very worn and making a burning smell at the time we visited Edinburgh. We also noticed the burning smell when reversing the caravan on a pitch in Cornwall. So the wear on the clutch was due to personal use and towing a big twin axle caravan over long distances for about a year BEFORE starting to work. The clutch failed completely in November 2015 at the time when I had only just stared to work for Pizzarelli. So it was not a business expense and therefore should not go down on my tax return as such, should it? So if the repair costs on the Shogun don't count as a business cost then the business has been profitable.

replied on 25/02/2017 09:38

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:31 by

Is it a caravan club site then? 

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:38

Yes. Northbrook Farm is a Caravan Club site in Worthing or should I say Caravan and Motorhome Club site under the new logo!

replied on 25/02/2017 09:40

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:40

Nah, Caravan Club site is fine with me Malcolm

replied on 25/02/2017 09:46

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:26 by Tammygirl

All very good sound advice there Malcolm, not that you will take any notice will you. Buying a new awning just because you've misplaced a pole is madness, can't you use 1 of the poles from an annex that you have and just don't put the annex up?

Dull day here today and pretty cold too, drizzle on and off ugh!  Went to hairdresser today, nice and short now ready for next weeks holiday.

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:46

We would prefer an inflatable awning because there is less risk of damage to the caravan from the poles in a storm and also because it is easy to erect and dismantle. For example, my wife would be able to manage it on her own if I was ill or  in hospital. She can't manage a pole awning on her own. A new inflatable half awning which would give us ample space for relaxers and portable oven with hobs would make life a lot easier for us compared to having to lift and put in place heavy poles everytime we have to move. Even on a seasonal pitch, the awning has to come down every 21 days and put back up two days later. It's too much work for us on top of a full time job. A fair sized new inflatable awning can be purchased for about £500. That's a small price to pay for a life of more ease and convenience.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook